How can chewing ice deplete your iron?

Possible medical based reasons for ice chewing.

How can chewing ice deplete your iron?

Postby talli » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:32 pm

:roll: Hey everyone. My mother had been anemic most of my adult years, she drove us all crazy chewing ice. I went on a big weight loss program recently and chose to crunch on ice when I was hungry.(it was not craved) Well guess what ? the doctor told me I was anemic. Is it because of my weight loss or could chewing ice have something to do with it? I can't imagine that chewing ice would deplete you of your iron. If anyone knows how this could medically happen I would appreciate feedback otherwise I am on a course of guessing what it could be. Maybe something lacking in my new eating pattern. I finally get my self on the right track to be healthy and everything I am doing is working against me. I know you crave weird things when anemic like ice(Pica) but again how could it deplete you of your iron.
SOME ONE HELP PLEASE.
talli

Postby Photogwen04 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:20 am

if you eating ice made from tap water it can cause your thyroid to be out of balance, which can be a problem with iron.

it is true.

again, spring water only.
Photogwen04

ice chewing depleting your iron. Thyroid issues as well.

Postby talli » Thu May 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Ok How does ice made from tap water vs spring water screw with your thyroid? What is the medical reasoning? I am so frustrated with my entire system. :?
talli

Re: How can chewing ice deplete your iron?

Postby alton » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:10 am

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :roll: :P :mrgreen:
alton

Postby qudsia » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:07 am

I thought I was the only one who did this. I bring a gallon ziploc bag to work also but I am out by 2:00. I probably eat ice on average of 10 hours a day. My daughter get furious at me because of the noise

Postby MnonoaN » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:06 am

MnonoaN

Postby mka1957 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:18 am

Idk
mka1957

Return to Medical Reasons