i cant beleive this site!

Share your ice chewing stories.

i cant beleive this site!

Postby rebello458 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:01 pm

So for the most part my cravings started when I was pregnant and continued to get worse after my daughter was born. At first I thought it was just a typical pregnancy craving and then after i left the hospital i had to have ice more and more. Im up to probably 5 or 6 (maybe more) glasses of coke and ice a day. I have to have ice from a certain gas station and i have to have the flavor of coke with it. The cokes has to be warm so that when i pour it over the ice it melts it enough that it is easy to crunch. At first it wasnt a big deal but now i feel somewhat dependant on it. I have to have it or im in a cranky mood. My husband has to make ice runs as many as 4 times a week. He doesnt know what to think about my new addiction. Im always afraid that im going to break my teeth but the craving outweighs the worries. I have looked up the reason for this and i assume it is some sort of iron deficiency. I think it is called IDA (iron deficiency anemia) and compulsive ice chewing is actually called panophagia (<< i think i got that right.) i
never beleived that this could be an actual problem that other people have. I thought i was the only one until i got on here and seen the number of people who have written thier stories. I should start taking vitamins but im curious if that would really work. Its become a habit now and i dont know if i could stop. I have never been a smoker and ive always been one of those people who didnt understand why a smoker couldnt just stop but now i have a addiction myself and no matter what the addiction i now realize how hard it is to stop. So to all my other ice junkies .... Good Luck and dont forget to take your iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. and vitamin C!!!!!!!
rebello458

Return to Stories