i had no idea other people loved ice!

Share your ice chewing stories.

i had no idea other people loved ice!

Postby virgoandrea80 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:40 pm

i must admit that i love ice. filling up a huge glass with cubes makes me so happy. before i even realize it, i'm refilling my cup.

i fill up the ice trays half way so that the cubes aren't so difficult to break into small pieces. i love breaking them into tiny pieces- eating the tiny pieces is the best part. however, my teeth have started to hurt lately, and i can't help to think it might be from my excessive ice crunching.

i think i want to buy a kiddie snow cone maker. yet, i'd like something in-between because i'd love tiny TINY soft pieces (as an inbetween of slush and cubes). i've tried crushing cubes in different Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off! appliances, but i still am not getting the result i am craving. but maybe i should just switch to slush to save my teeth. plus, the noise of crunching cubes annoys anyone who i'm with.

thoughts?
virgoandrea80

Re: i had no idea other people loved ice!

Postby tOriaaa. » Thu May 08, 2008 7:50 pm

omgg i love ice im only 14 i don't know whats wrongg i mean i eat it everytime i go in the freezer + there is some i love the taste. My friends at school make fun of me because when i get to the ice i feel my cup all the way sometimes i won't even get anything to drink just ICEE ! its so good i don't if i should stop !
tOriaaa.

Postby Feli » Tue May 13, 2008 4:04 am

Ha! I understand how u feel my teeth are being to hurt too from all the chewing... Jus the other day I was shocked to find that a piece of my tooth chipped off! :shock: But.. nah.. it wont stop me frm getting my ice. Never! I found that if u were to chew on ice chips it wouldnt hurt that much. I love making my ice in wafer thin pieces. :)
Feli

Postby bec » Mon May 19, 2008 12:10 am

OMG! I am so happy to find out i'm not alone.....I seriously had no idea so many ppl love ice like I do...it truely is an addiction, like crack...lol. I am a lifer in the chewing biz...I can go back to being like 5 and sitting in front of the tv with tray after tray...it wasn't until I was older and realized u can freeze more ice quicker if u put the ice in a cup. I basically have nothing but ice im my freezer, cubes for company, circles for the snow cone machine and my personal fav is between lil slivers in the bottom of the tray to filling a tray with snow cone ice and then adding just the perfect amt of water, so it gets that solid softness , to not ruin ur teeth maybe and still give a crunch....ahh refreshing! Well now I'm 30 yrs old with the same childhood ice addiction, and the same childhood freezer as I made my parents buy a new 1 so I could take my childhood 1 with me when I got married. I still have it and now keep bags and bags on "reserves" just in case something should happen and I might not b able to make more for some reason. Oh, and just like when I was a kid I can expect nicely frozen slivers every half hr. mmmmm.....mmmmm......good!
bec

Postby iceprincess371 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:44 pm

I love ice sooooooooooooo much. it makes me soooooooooo happy.
i actually did buy a kiddie snow cone maker to make me some ice just to munch on.
i wish i could take ice in a bag with me all day, but it keeps turning into water.
how rude
iceprincess371

Postby kerbear » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:47 pm

virgoandrea80, if u have a fridge that crushed ice, use that. it ice is smaller so there is less work 2 do. if not, put the large cubes in a glass and fill it with hot water. the ice will melt to a good size, but it will cool the water so it doesn't get to small.
kerbear

Postby nsmego » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:37 pm

When I lived in Illinois, there used to be a drive through Burger King near me that actually sold 10 lb. bags of ice...so get this...I bought a commercial freezer for my garage and constantly kept that thing filled with those burger king bags of ice. Seriously, I would drive up and order 10 of the 10lb bags and they just looked at me like I was off the wall. But I didn't care. I had to have my burger king ice. I am still addicted. Seriously.
nsmego

Postby iman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:31 pm

First of all, I have to join the consensus and say thank goodness I'm not the only ice eating fool out here in the world! I sometimes wonder if I'm a little crazy with my ice obsession but now I know I have allies in the pursuit of the finest ice on the earth!

Anyway, I'm wondering what your thoughts are on water. As we all know, water becomes ice, but there are a variety of sources of water which forms our beloved ice: bottled, tap, city, well, filtered. I grew up on well water, so that is my preference but I live in the city now so I doubt my apartment complex would want me to dig a well! I was thinking about installing a refrigerator water filter but am wondering if you guys like the quality of ice from that water source. I prefer big cubes, so I don't use ice dispensers but rather fill the trays with water regardless of the source. Anyway, let me know what ya think!
iman

Postby punchamime » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:07 pm

I am 9mths pregnant and have had an insatiable ice chewing compulsion for the last two months. I actually broke a tooth because of eating cube ice :(

Fortunately for me I live right around the corner from a Sonic so I send my bf to go buy me bags of ice when I run out. They use that little pellet ice for those who don't know what I'm talking about...it's soft as snow almost when you first buy it. After it gets hard in my freezer I usually sit a big cup of it in the fridge for an hr or so, so by the time I'm ready to munch down it's soft enough to not hurt my teeth. The only bad thing about it is that water gives me really bad acid reflux. However the urge to crush the ice up and swallow it while it has the consistency of a very icy slushy is too much, I can't resist lol!

I'm hoping that after the baby is born the cravings will go away. I keep a giant mcD's cup specifically for ice pellets, and I eat at least two or three giant cups a day. If it weren't for the acid reflux I'd prolly eat the whole dang bag.
punchamime

Return to Stories