First time going public!!!!

Share your ice chewing stories.

First time going public!!!!

Postby chilled » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Hello Fellow Ice Addicts,

This is just amazing to me...my roommate found this site for me and I was, well, amazed! There are so many of us! Isn't it nice to know we aren't alone in our quirky habit??
I have been anemic all of my life so I know that is part of my issue (but only part) I wake up and the 1st thing I do is have a cup of ice and it's the last thing I do before I nod off to sleep. I have found that using styrofoam cups will keep the ice from melting too fast (especially in warm weather)! Anyway...thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in my frozen fault!!!
Peace.
Keep Chillin'!
chilled

Postby Rebelynn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:38 pm

:D yeah its nice to know we aren't alone, I also am anemic and I LOVE styrofoam cups :P
Rebelynn

Postby icymama » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:58 pm

omg!! it is so nice not to be alone isn't it? I am also anemic and have been eating ice since I was pregnant with my first child and my habit is still going strong... :lol:
icymama
icymama

We have finally made it!!!!!!

Postby CosmicBrown » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:00 pm

I just want to say that I am amazed to find that there are others like me. I have been eating ice for about 13 yrs now. I have to have it. If u see me you see a cup of sonic ice. My grandmother says that it is the devil and that I can stop if i want to. I used to be so bad that I could be upstairs and hear my ex pop the ice trays. I don't have that problem now, becuase I just go to SONIC and get a bag. I was so shocked last week end. Me and my family traveled to Nashville,TN. Of course when we got there my first question was were is the SONIC. Well we get there and dont sell bags of ice. OMGoodness, I almost passed out. I keep a bag of ice in my freezer I bring 2 route 44 cups with me to work everyday. I dont like sharing especially if I know the person is going to put water on it. If there is someone with the sam thing please reply I would love to hear your thoughts.
CosmicBrown

My First Posting.....

Postby B ice 2 me » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:20 pm

Wow! As I read comments, all I could say is "I'm really not the only one with an ice addiction. I'm new to the site. A colleague cut out an article just for me and the site address was included. I love ice. I too, am anemic. Always have been, but the ice craving started a few years ago. When I stopped taking the iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. prescribed by my Dr. the craving came back. Folks, we have what is called a PICA condition (google it). An iron deficiency causes strange cravings. Some of us eat ice, some eat dirt, some eat starch and others may even eat ashes... When I was a child about 6 or 7, I made and nibbled on mud pies in the yard and it tasted good from what I recall. Strange, huh!
I need your help guys. Where do I find or buy sonic ice. I live in NYC (Brooklyn). Thanks
B ice 2 me

Postby iceloverone » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:58 pm

I hate to tell you this B but there are no Sonics in NY. I went to school in Queens. I won't be sure until I actually go to a Sonic's. Sigh, it's rough.

Cute name.
Last edited by iceloverone on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
iceloverone

Re: First time going public!!!!

Postby marissaw » Wed May 14, 2008 4:18 am

My boyfriend just found this site for me tonight... like most on here, I thought I was the only one out there with this strange (and often frustrating) habit. I feel like this is my little support group that makes me feel slightly less insane! :P

Anyway I'm wondering if I should go get some tests done with my iron levels. I'm 17 and I've donated blood 4 times within this last year, and I've always been fine on my iron counts. The last time it took a little while longer for my blood to drop in the thingie (I know, I'm so technical) and I was allowed to donate, but I got a test later and my counts were fine. This was a few months ago, and my ice addiction has increased pretty dramatically since then. But does anybody know if iron problems, or side effects, could progress this quickly?

Either way, I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one in the world who loves ice. I'm usually good with one or two cups a day, but I'm worried about my teeth and my health. And I'm super bummed because I live in western Washington and we have no Sonics. :( Taco Time has really good ice too, but apparently nobody else noticed!
marissaw

Return to Stories