Sonic is THE best!!

Share your ice chewing stories.

Sonic is THE best!!

Postby TeacherSue » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:22 am

Hello all. I am known at my local Sonic as "the ice lady." I call ahead and they save the "good" ice for me. As it falls, they keep scooping it over to the other side. I usually get about 9-10 bags at a time. I have a small upright freezer in my garage to house my treasure! In my indoor freezer, I have a Rubbermaid container where I store a couple bags at a time. I bring it in from the garage, pound it with a rolling pin to loosen, and dump in my Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off! container. It is the best ice EVER!!

My husband is very close to getting me a nugget ice machine. I hooked up with a guy on eBay who sells refurbished ones. They are so darn expensive, though. I can get one for $1,400, and he will pay shipping. I know, I know, a lot of money for a stupid ice machine. But how awesome to have my own Sonic ice machine in my garage!!!

Does anyone here have any experience with installing one of these things? Anyone have one?

Oh, I also found a dealership in St. Louis (15 minutes from me) that sells new "Sonic" ice machines. They have small ones that they install in homes!! I was so excited until I found out the cost...$3,700. No way. Gas is expensive, but I'll keep driving to my local Sonic!!
TeacherSue

Sonic the best!

Postby June » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:01 pm

:D I hear you loud and clear, Sue. I found out a few weeks ago that my next-door neighbor is the manager at Sonic. WOW! When I talked with him and told him I love that ice more than anything, he started bringing me home a bag everyday! Whoohoo! Cloud nine!
June

Postby TeacherSue » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:17 pm

Oh June!! Congratulations on your Sonic manager neighbor!! That is wonderful!! I chew a 10-bag a day!!!
TeacherSue

Sonic Ice

Postby June » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:45 am

:roll: Hey Sue! I'm getting right up there with you on the Sonic ice. Not quite a 10 lb bag a day, but getting close. I also freeze ice in trays, only a tiny bit in the bottom of each and it comes out frosty white little wafers that are soft and chewy, so that fills in when I don't have the Sonic ice. Oh, neighbor on vacation this week :cry: Gotta drive 18 miles in to get my ice.
June

Postby TeacherSue » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:52 am

June...I would drive 18 miles to get Sonic ice!! It's well worth it!!

I really, really want my own Sonic machine...wouldn't that be heaven???
TeacherSue

Sonic ice machine

Postby June » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:24 am

Not only would it be heaven to have a Sonic ice machine, but I would probably just keep my head under it all the time and never leave. I'm sure I could burn one up in a short time! HA! The only draw back is that you have to pee soooo much!
June

Postby TeacherSue » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:36 am

Yes, the bathroom visits are annoying to say the least. I teach high schoolers, and they all know if they can't find me, I'm in the bathroom!! I take my small Igloo cooler full of Sonic ice to school everyday! One time a kid came to me for ice because he hurt his hand. I said..."No, you can't have my ice for swelling...go to the nurse and get an icepack!!"
TeacherSue

Sonic Ice

Postby June » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:45 am

Well, I don't have that problem. I work out of my home for a hospital doing medical transcription, mainly Radiology, and my bathroom is just steps away. I drove in this a.m. and got my ice. Been munching all morning. I got 1 cup with Dr. Pepper in it and then got 1 xlarge cup with ice then got a bag to bring home. I don't dare run out. I think I would go into DT's without my ice. I'm in Texas and we have sonics everywhere.
June

Postby TeacherSue » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:51 am

Hey, we have a lot in common!! I love Dr. Pepper, too. I teach Computer Keyboarding (typing). I would love to do some transcribing from home when I retire...hoping in about four years!!
TeacherSue

TRANSCRIPTION

Postby June » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:56 am

Well, I have been doing this for some 20 to 25 yrs off and on. Back then, in the day, they trained on the job. Now, most people take a course at the college or online for medical transcription (Radiology is the easiest to me). You can make a fair amount of money. Some pay by the line but the one I work for pays me per report which to me comes out far better than by the line. I think you would enjoy it. You can do it part-time or full time, they don't care. To check out online training you can go to careerstep.com and it tells about the courses you can take at home and I think it is about 3 months. Study up on Anatomy and Physiology, get a good medical dictionary and drug book, and a Stedman's word book for whatever specialty you want to type, ie Cardio, Ortho, Radiology, etc. Then you'll be on your way. Want more info just email me anytime. I'm always on here. txrknjune@aol.com
June

Postby TeacherSue » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:09 pm

Thanks so much. I would love to sit and chew ice and type...for money!!
TeacherSue

CHEWING AND TYPING

Postby June » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:16 pm

Hey that is what I do best! :lol: I have had so much ice already this a.m. that my lips are blue!!!!! I always told my kids, don't chew ice, blah blah blah. All of a sudden, though, I was doing it and hooked. I start thinking about it as soon as I wake up in the morning. I eat it while I drink my coffee. My husband says I'm nuts! Oh well. We drove down to Shreveport, about an hour or so away, Sunday and there's nothing between here and there. Well, there was this itty bitty old grocery store and I had to stop to pee. Well, guess what? They had the very best ice I ever had. I think it was better than sonic. (well, close anyway). I got 2 large cups full to eat on the way home. Made the trip more worthwhile! HA! Where do you live?
June

Postby TeacherSue » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:19 pm

I live in Collinsville, IL...about 15 minutes from St. Louis, MO.

I don't go anywhere without my cooler full of Sonic ice!!
TeacherSue

WHY?

Postby June » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:22 pm

wONDER WHY NONE OF THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM ARE POSTING ANYTHING? THEY SEEM TO SIGN UP BUT NEVER MAKE POSTS. HMMM? OH WELL, BACK TO THE ICE CUP!
June

Postby TeacherSue » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:24 pm

I know...it's not very active. Guess it's not a forum where people hang out often!!

Nice talkin' to ya!! Have a great day...I guess it is pretty hot your way???
TeacherSue

Next

Return to Stories