Do men chew ice??

Share your ice chewing stories.

Do men chew ice??

Postby AZice » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:21 pm

Are any of you men? Why does this only affect women? Men can be anemic too. This is too strange!
AZice

Postby Joseph » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:43 pm

Yes, though it's not as common. Women have a certain biological process that depletes them some iron each month. Men don't, so men that typically chew ice may have a much more dire problem.
Joseph

Postby Jsalts » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:42 pm

I'm 17 male. I chew ice often and can't help myself when I have an ice cold root beer or gatorade. I like all my drinks heavy on the ice. I usually don't have cravings though. For example I won't go out of my way to eat ice. I'll go out of my way to get a soda-heavy on the ice-and i'll chew a little ice with each sip. I usually won't just get ice by itself though. I will however keep chewing if the soda is gone and there's still a little sugar left on the ice. I eat fairly often since I work at a restaurant and get free fountain drinks. One cup a day after school with about half of it being crushed ice. Another cup if i'm actually working.

The main difference between my story and a lot of others' i've been reading is that I don't get ice the way someone would go to the store to get a smoke. I get the drink and the ice is like an added bonus. Since i drink a lot of soda i end up chewing a lot of ice though. Does this qualify as an ice chewing pico? I don't think it's an addiction(and i know when i'm addicted. Had to get over the video game addiction) but i'm not sure. Could I have iron problems? Or do I just like chewing ice? I don't have any muscles problems. I go to the gym three times a week.
Jsalts

hi jsalts!

Postby emma » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:14 am

No i don't think u hav an addiction.I think u eat the ice purely because it's there.If u read how some of us crave the ice and go out of our way to buy the perfect ice and eat alot of it then although u like eating it.it's not the same.
Speaking for myself, i dont like to have my ice wiv fizzy drinks and most of us like cups of ice solely.
Please dont worry, i don't think ur addicted.
XXxx :wink:
emma

Ice Chewing man

Postby snaggle2th » Fri May 11, 2007 2:18 pm

I have been chewing ice at a record level for about the past 1 1/2 years.
I am a male over 40 and I just can not seem to stop this. I love it....
I chew at work for 9 hours straight as soon as my cup is empty I am back refilling it. The guys at work call me the "iceman". thankfully I work in a very loud enviorment so I don't beleive I am disturbing anyone with my crunching. I just ordered the Rival snocone machine to try and ease up on these old chompers (notice my name LOL) of mine .. Can't wait !!!
So the answer to the question do men chew ice is YES !!!!!!! I'm up to about 10lbs per day....... Crazy HUH?????
snaggle2th

Postby gleamingtheicecube » Mon May 14, 2007 2:39 pm

I just REALLY like chewing ice. I'm not anemic as far as I know. It's something akin to chewing one's nails, for me.
gleamingtheicecube

Postby JohnBigstuff » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Yes, I'm a 22-year-old male, been chewing for 5 years. Ice chewing rocks my socks. I've tried many other addictions (some illegal) and ice chewing is legal and creates better experiences. I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable without my backpack... which is secretly a cooler... LOL... full of ice. No one has seen me take the ice out so it's just my secret I guess. Finally others who understand.
JohnBigstuff

Postby Flashy_Mcflash » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:53 am

I am 27 and male and chewing ice provides me with the kind of bliss that can only be duplicated with mainline drugs (believe me). It's just a euphoric feeling - a sort of warm coldness that washes over me when I bite into that cube or chunk.

There's no medical reason for this, at least that I know of, but I suspect that my compulsion has more than a little do with having my face shoved in the snow by some older kids when I was in Grade 5. The feeling of all that cold snow surrounding my face and filling my nose and mouth was more pleasant than anything I've experience before or since.
https://open.spotify.com/track/2TdKTwpYEfFOLsP2t4vyx0
Flashy_Mcflash

Return to Stories