I feel like I am loosing my mind!

Share your ice chewing stories.

I feel like I am loosing my mind!

Postby crunch crunch » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:54 am

My need to crunch has taken over. I am okay at work, but only because it drive my co-workers insane and I don't want to loose my job over my odd addiction. But when I get home at 2:30, I walk straight to the freezer and pop an ice cube in my mouth, sit my stuff down, then fill my glass with more ice. Ice goes everywhere with me. I fill my cup before taking my kids to ball practice, to drive to the grocery store, to bed! It is controlling me. I only recently researched this oddity because I thought I just liked ice. It was a family member that brought it to my attention that it was not in fact "normal." I was crushed to find out that it could be a sign of certain health issues. But my obsession goes beyond ice cravings. Bear in mind that the only thing I have ever put in my mouth is ice. The rest of my cravings are smells. I can't get enough of them. SOAP SOAP SOAP... I need the smell like an junkie needs cocaine. I smell bleach, dishwashing detergent, floor cleaner, pine-sol, hand soap, etc... I really don't know what to do. My cravings have gotten so bad that sometimes I just break down and cry. I really feel like Pica is taking over my mind.
crunch crunch

ANXIETY

Postby Rambling » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:29 pm

I THINK YOUR PROBLEM IS ANXIETY. IF IT WAS THE ICE ALONE, OH WELL, BUT IF YOU THINK IS TAKING OVER YOUR LIFE THAT IS WHEN THINGS ARE WRONG FOR ANY ADDICTION.
I could chew Alaska
Rambling

Postby emma » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:57 pm

Yeah i must say i agree with rambling on the anxiety thing.
It does seem like i think about ice all the time and i do have smell cravings but you seem a lot more stressed out about it and almost quite upset.especially if u break down over this habit.
I would suggest seeing a doctor if u feel like this but just rest assured there r lots of us with this strange habit so don't feel alone or like a freak. :wink:
emma

Return to Stories