sense of relief when I was told about this site!!!!

Anything and Everything about ice chewing!

sense of relief when I was told about this site!!!!

Postby Iluvice » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:40 pm

:D Yahoooooo,

I love ice.......now I also feel like I am not crazzzzyyy.

My husband actually came across the site. He was looking up info on how chewing ice ruins your teeth. We had a bet. Anyway...Just about anything ruins teeth. He keeps telling me to quit chewing ice....Yes I am one of those that get mad :x when all the ice from the ice maker is gone. I started to have ice trays filled for back up. and i love to eat the ice the overflows in the freeze from the ice trays . It is thin and white... yummy. I get up in the middle of the night and open the freeze and stand there for anbout 10 minutes chewing ice..than head back to bed. I like also to let my ice sit so it softens just a bit, but I already have my favorite places to buy ice from the is soft. I had this habit now for about 1 year to 1 1/2 years and I never figured there was a problem. In the past I have been anemic, but has far as i know, the iron is good now. I'm still searching...maybe it is that pica thing or over compulsive disorder...anyone out there hear of something different? [/i]
Iluvice

I love ice, too!

Postby icepleasure » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:37 pm

:shock: :lol:
You are the only one who I've ever known to understand the ice addiction. That thin ice is so wonderful. My fiance looks at me in awe as I consume ice with rapt delight. *tip* Get a few ice trays and fill each little square with just a bit of water. In less time required to make full sized cubes you will have delicious thin bits of ice ready for your pleasure!

Yum! :o
icepleasure

Postby alien » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:38 am

My first post here, and I work for a dentist! I know what ice crunching can do to your teeth, yet I crave it and love it. I too fill the ice trays only a little full so I can eat it at night before going to bed, I can't wait to get to work in the morning; there is an ice machine there. At one time, I did start taking some vitamins with iron and didn't even crave ice. Since then, I ran out and can't remember the name of the vitamins that I took, but haven't found any that would cease the ice craving ever since.
I still love ice, and get it every chance I get, whether it be in a restaurant or at work or at home.
alien

the search

Postby icepleasure » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:39 pm

:twisted: I am officially possessed. Last night I drove for almost an hour looking for an AM/PM minimart where I usually dash in with my own cup and fill it with the "crunchy ice". AN HOUR! I couldn't find one so I settled for the big, ugly Seven-11 ice. *sigh*
icepleasure

Postby Gimmemofrozenagua » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:18 pm

I have no idea why I am so addicted to ice. My mom tells me that it could be because my iron is low. (So i guess I better get that checked out) But I too look for the best places to get ice. MOst times i got through the drive through at a fast food place and ask only for a cup of ice. No drink just ice. I let it melt drink the water as my beverage then chomp away on the ice. MMMM. When I found this site I was so happy. Told all of my friends that think im crazy because of this addiction. I came across the site because my boyfriend and I had a bet about what I had in it that can be addicted. He said it was just frozen water but I thought that it absorbs some kind of gas from the freeze that could be addictive. But he was right of course it's just frozen water. But as I found that info I came across this site and found other ppl like me. IM NOT ALONE! :D
Gimmemofrozenagua

Wow! There ARE other ice chewers in the world!

Postby barefootcountrygirl » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:27 pm

I am sooo excited I found this website! I just started the ice chewing (crunching) habit about 6 months ago, after my hubby came home with a Rival Sno- Cone maker and some cherry syrup. Now, I have to have a sno-cone EVERY night! At first I thought it was the cherry syrup I was addicted to, but I have since discovered it's the ice I'm craving, because I'll sneak small crunchy ice bits from the bags of ice we keep stocked. I'll literally get ice bits to crunch every hour or so, until my nightly sno-cone ritual around 9 pm. I don't even put a lot of syrup on it, just a little. The best ice I ever had was when my girlfriend was having her baby in a hospital and there was a little lounge for waiting guests to have pop and coffee, and there was a help-yourself ice machine! It was the softest yet crunchiest ice, and it practically melted in my mouth so it took little effort or strain to crunch it!!! I had 3 or 4 huge cupfuls in 2 hours, my jaws didn't even hurt after all that. MMMMM. Well...I'm glad I'm not alone! Nice meeting you all! Oh....are they saying it could be an iron defieciency? I did just have a baby right before my ice crunching habit began. Any thoughts?
barefootcountrygirl

Postby Brainstorm » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:30 pm

I am so happy to have found this site. Reading all the post has made me feel "normal". :lol: I am so compelled to crunch ice that I called my husband to bring some to me at work today when I realized I didnt have any there. And guess what! He not only brought it to me. He brought a BIG bag. I know I drive him crazy crunching, but he seems to be tolerating it well.
He just bought a new Maytag Performa for me and it makes the best frosty crushed ice!
I think Sonic ice is the best with the ice from my new frig comming in 2nd place. I know I drive everyone crazy, but I just CRAVE this ice!
Brainstorm

IT' GOOD TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Postby CURIOUS » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:19 pm

YES! :D ....I'M SO HAPPY TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!! I'VE HAD AN ICE EATING HABIT FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ICE!!! I THOUGHT THAT I WAS THE ONLY ONE ALSO UNTIL I FOUND THIS SIGHT. PRAISE THE LORD I'M NOT! I BECAME ANEMIC AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY THIRD CHILD. A COUPLE OF YEARS AFTER THAT I BECAME ADDICTED TO ICE. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT CAUSES THE ADDICTION. I HEAR THAT ICE THINS THE BLOOD. NOW, THIS IS JUST WHAT I HEARD. I CAN CONSUME ABOUT 1 MEDIUM SIZE BAG OF ICE AN HOUR. NO JOKE!!! I'M TRYING TO QUIT EATING SO MUCH. YOU KNOW.... SLOW UP ON IT. BECAUSE I KNOW THAT I CAN'T STOP INDEFINITELY. I'VE BEEN TOLD ALL SORT OF AWFUL TALES ABOUT EATING ICE. SUCH AS, IT RUINS YOUR TEETH, IT'S A DEMONIC SPIRIT ETC.... WELL, I STILL LOVE MY ICE :lol: . CAN I GET A WHOOP FROM ALL MY FELLOW ICE EATERS!! :wink:
CURIOUS
CURIOUS

Postby SweetT72 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:33 pm

I feel like I have found a second family. :)

I'm laughing at some of the stories as I suck on my ice now at work. I have been eating ice for like 14 years now, my family thought I was crazy. My mom use to say get out of that freezer. lol, lol

Now that I'm married, my husband says the same thing. I eat at least 4 cups a day. We have 3 Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off! here and they all have automatic ice makers yipee. one is exactly by me so i go in there every now and then to get a refill.

I eat ice at work, at home, at my sister house, i don't eat the restaurant ice though. I use to think that eating ice had something to do with my nerves? What do you think
SweetT72

Ice Addition

Postby wendyladycg » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:27 pm

Help! I am addictied to ice chewing. I do it at work, and I do it at home, there is some type of soothing nature that one gets from chewing ice. CAn comeone clue me in to why I do this?
wendyladycg

Postby SweetT72 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:09 pm

wendylady cg
Read the other posts on this site and it will give you a reason to why you do this.

read the theories and other people stories and see how does it relates to you.
SweetT72

ice & nerves

Postby duranfann01 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:01 am

I told my husband ice is like a drug to me it calms me down if I had a bad day I eat more I always have ice around me and will drive where I want to get the right ice I don't smoke or do drugs I drink very little but my ice gets me through the day,,,,, I am looking for a job and just hope I'm near ice where ever it may be,,,,,, I have had low iron in the past so maybe that's part of it but my son was little & making me nuts when my ice habit started he was all over the place & I sat down with some ice and felt sooooo much better he's now 11 and used to me & my ice he sometimes tells me when we are out to just go home DO NOT STOP FOR ICE!!!!! but I stop anyway, maybe I will outgrow it or die with ice in my mouth not sure
my husband is in bed but tomorrow I am telling him all about this site it's great!!!!! :)
Happy Chomping!!!
duranfann01

HELP ME

Postby mdapril20 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:43 pm

okay i drive my fiance crazy, absolutly crazy with the eating of ice. All i know is i had a problem with my iron and H &H about 2 years ago, since then i have been on iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. and everything else. PLEASE HELP ME, i do not know why i do this and i do not know how to stop. it like sooths my nerves and calms me. I know for a fact it is not due to sexual fustration bc i get sex quite often, and its wonderful, so please someone tell me what is wrong....

erica
mdapril20

Return to Anything