anyone else stomach pains after eating ice!?

Anything and Everything about ice chewing!

anyone else stomach pains after eating ice!?

Postby tunapuss » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 pm

hello all, i'm a 15 year old girl who recently developed an icecube eating habit. I just can't stop! I'm also very uncertain as to why the habit has formed. I don't consume nearly as much as some of you, I consume approximately 3-5 glasses of large icecubes a day. After almost every glass of I start to get stomach pains and discomfort, sometimes even bloating. Is this normal? Does anyone else experience this? Why does this happen?

Any information will be appreciated (:

thanks again!
tunapuss

Re: anyone else stomach pains after eating ice!?

Postby iman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:23 pm

This sounds like it is a problem to ask a doctor. Your health is the most important thing, and understanding what is causing your stomach pains is important. Do you have long term or short term medical insurance? If you do, you may want to check your plan to see if it includes a free wellness exam. Good luck and hope you feel better!
iman

Postby postmaam » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:14 am

Also, you just can't survive on ice alone. Ice can sometimes shock your system as well depending on how much & how fast you eat it. Kind of like "brain freeze". Another thing to consider is eating ice is consuming O2 as well. There is oxygen in water, but water is already a liquid when digested. As ice breaks down in your system, the oxygen is released causing bloating. I'm with seeing a doctor as well.
postmaam

Postby bee90 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:01 pm

I know this feeling.

I have like 3-5 cups a day of ice and I can be fine. The next day, I have this stomach ache that feels like someone is squeezing it. My family is all "Just stop eating it" and expects it to happen...yeah, maybe it's not a cocaine addiction or smoking but it's not easy. I've been munching ice forever. They're all worried the stomach pains are totally serious. It hasn't happened for a while and only when I eat A LOT.
bee90

Return to Anything