Ice Makers

Anything and Everything about ice chewing!

Ice Makers

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:39 pm

My wife chews ice all the time. She's hooked on Sonic Ice - we even buy the stuff in 2 gallon bags to take home. Question is this: We're about to remodel the Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off!. Does anybody know where Sonic gets their ice makers? I'd consider buying one for the Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off! if I could find a manufacturer of the machines.
Mike

ice machines

Postby Rainbow_Ice » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:08 pm

:D Your wife is soooooooo lucky to have you!
Well, other than going thru the yellowpages or online for ice machine distributers- why not go to your local Sonic and asking the manager what the brand name/ make is? Maybe they might even give you a # to call.
GOOD LUCK!
You can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself.

Shannon
Rainbow_Ice

sonic ice machine

Postby ic » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:53 am

What kind of ice machines does Sonic use?
ic

wow!!!

Postby bchick22 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:53 pm

you're wife is SOOOOOOOO lucky to have you!! my boyfriend hates for me to chew ice!! he HATES IT!!! he gets mad at me.
well good luck with the ice makers!!
:wink:
Love BChick
bchick22

Postby TeacherSue » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Mike, did you ever find a company that sells Sonic ice machines? Here is some information I found. This company sells machines for the home that make nugget ice like Sonic. They are expensive, though...about $3,000 for an in-home unit.

Vivco Ice Machines®
17295 Chesterfield Airport Rd., Chesterfield, MO 63005 USA
Call toll free: 877-325-9517 or 877-353-8086
Phone: 636- 343-9118
Fax: 636-326-1982
TeacherSue

Postby Iceacademy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:00 pm

Also, you can do a search on Amazon.com for "ice shavers." A whole list of products will come up. Some are no longer sold but there should one or two that are relatively inexpensive.
Iceacademy

Postby TeacherSue » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Some of them (ice makers) are huge! I want one for my Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off!, and they are expensive!! The cheapest I found was way too big for what I wanted, and the e-Bayer said he would sell it to me for $1,400. I wouldn't even know how to set it up.
TeacherSue

Re: Ice Makers

Postby awells218 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:30 am

Sonic drinks have what is known as "nugget" ice in their drinks (also called pearl or chewblet ice, depending on the manufacturer). There are many brands that sell machines that make this type of ice, most of which are built to produce commercial quantities. But in-home units are becoming more and more popular. I work for a restaurant equipment company and I would recommend Follett, they are not as popular as Hoshizaki, Manitowoc or Scotsman but they have one of the best residential ice makers that I have seen so far. They are becoming very popular in convenience stores and company employee break rooms but would do just as well in a home because of their small size. They are easier to set up than most ice machines and of course they make Sonic ice. Here's a blog with some more info about these machines:

http://www.jesrestaurantequipment.com/j ... -the-home/

I know this post is a little late and you've probably already finished remodeling your Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off!, but hopefully this will help someone else researching these ice makers for their new Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off! :wink:
awells218

Postby TeacherSue » Fri May 25, 2012 11:29 am

Thank you, but I purchased a Hoshizaki two years ago. It is small and makes THE best ice, even better than Sonic. I put it in my laundryroom! I love it!
TeacherSue

Postby TeacherSue » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:41 am

Well worth the money to me...start saving!! It was $2,400.
TeacherSue

Return to Anything