Location location location

Anything and Everything about ice chewing!

Location location location

Postby Icewideopen » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:40 pm

The only reason I joined this forum was to see if anybody is passing along intel on where the best ice machines are located while I'm on the road. Now, "serious" chewers already know that Sonic and Zaxbys both have good ice; but as I travel (say) from Waldorf MD south on 301 to Richmond VA, there are no Sonics or Zaxbys nearby and I can't locate any other restaurants with good ice. SO, if you know of any good sources, please reply to this thread and then put the city and state in the subject block and name the restaurant in the body. If this goes well, we can build a database of good ice locations. If there are restaurant chains that have the right machines, please just list one in the subject under this discussion thread (Location location location). If you know of other chains, I'd like to see each one listed separately under this (location 3x) thread.
With cold tongue...
Thanks!
Icewideopen

Now

Postby Rambling » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Now that is what I call an addict!!!!!!!!!
I think Mc Donald's ice is kind of decent, the little thin squares. I dont know if they use the same ice maker in all of them, since I dont frequent their establishments that much.
I could chew Alaska
Rambling

Re: Location location location

Postby myteetharemadatme » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Fabulous Freddy's has wonderful ice. I call it snowman poop. Haha. That's what it looks like! It's soft and the perfect size and it's wonderful. I get it for 27 cents for like a 40 oz. cup. They sell it in bags too. Also the greatest ice I've ever had was at Del Taco in Barstow, CA. So soft and perfect. They don't have it at the Del Tacos here in Vegas. Weird. But yeah, Sonic is lovely too. AND some am/pm's have really small really soft ice, but just some locations, for some reason. More suggestions, people! :)
myteetharemadatme

Return to Anything