hand problems!

Anything and Everything about ice chewing!

hand problems!

Postby emma » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:06 pm

I was wondering if anyone else's hands suffer from the ice.I generally use my hands to eat it as it's easiest but i find my fingers get quite chapped and sore.
It's only on my ice eating fingers and i know this is definatley the reason but my skin is very sore.
Any feedback? :oops:
emma

Postby raya » Wed May 09, 2007 10:07 pm

Well if the ice is making your hands sore, tilt the cup back and forth and the the ice out of the cup. Wouldn't you still enjoy your ice? ... Save your fingers the pain...
raya

Postby Rebelynn » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Oh yeah!
Rebelynn

Postby CosmicBrown » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:19 pm

I dont have that problem, although I do find it better to eat the ice with my hands.
CosmicBrown

Re: hand problems!

Postby Danthelyn » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:09 pm

How big are the ice chunks you are chewing?

I like mine small, so I generally use a spoon, but I've had to resort to large cubes before, and even though it's difficult to manage, the spoon still works. Sometimes I use wooden chopsticks, I find that easier with large cubes than a spoon -- but then, I'm Asian and generally find chopsticks easier to use than Western flatware. Also, you don't get the metallic flavor that way.
Danthelyn

Re: hand problems!

Postby Shelly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:38 pm

Some hands are just more sensitive and prone to chapping, etc. in the winter and harsher conditions. Do you run an Aprilaire humidifier in your house? Definitely limit how you are eating ice. Don't hold it directly on your hands. Silly but if it's in a cup, you still might wear thin gloves. I run my humidifier all the time bc my house is so dry. My hands crack and chap all winter if I don't. It's awful.
Shelly

Return to Anything