Ice Chewing & Anemia Correlation.....?

Other possible reasons for ice chewing.

Ice Chewing & Anemia Correlation.....?

Postby Scrooey~Snowball » Thu May 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Here's a thought .....:idea:
Have you ever noticed that while it has been written that there is a correlation between anemia and ice chewingNo~one has ever come up with a valid reason as to why Anemics crave ice!?If anemia is caused by low iron why don't we crave liver or iron tablets? Ug~ggh, I know!!!!
Also why don't All anemics crave ice. I really don't think they've even cracked the tip of....err~r the
Iceberg Do you....? :?:
Until they chip the truth out of the ole' frosty freezer of long held beliefs I'll continue to just chomp on my ice.

:) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scrooey~Snowball

Location: Another Scrooey Creative World Called Old Frosty Kenmora

Re: Ice Chewing & Anemia Correlation.....?

Postby murigo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Coz the human body doesn't work that way. It is not looking for iron in ice.I haven't found anyone who has been able to give the mechanism in which one craves ice due to anemia. It is only known that it happens and peopple who are treated successfully for anemia stop the cravings. There are also many kinds of anemia the one caused by lack of iron is just one of them.

Scrooey~Snowball wrote:Here's a thought .....:idea:
Have you ever noticed that while it has been written that there is a correlation between anemia and ice chewingNo~one has ever come up with a valid reason as to why Anemics crave ice!?If anemia is caused by low iron why don't we crave liver or iron tablets? Ug~ggh, I know!!!!
Also why don't All anemics crave ice. I really don't think they've even cracked the tip of....err~r the
Iceberg Do you....? :?:
Until they chip the truth out of the ole' frosty freezer of long held beliefs I'll continue to just chomp on my ice.

:) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
murigo

Return to Other