Maybe Ice Chewing is learned behavior?

Other possible reasons for ice chewing.

Maybe Ice Chewing is learned behavior?

Postby hielochomper » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:50 pm

:evil: before ice
:D after ice

My mother used to be a Ice Afficionado, and I think my sister and I are the only who now chew ice. I think we got chewing ice from her. I have never been iron deficient.
Do hate on ice chewing! It's delicious. I want another glass of ice right now.
hielochomper

ice ice baby

Postby Flo » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:45 am

I lovee ice! I don't think it is hereditary though. No one in my family eats ice and my entire family thinks i'm nuts. I think it is just a select few of us who can enjoy this 'delicacy'. I'm having a cup right now!
The iron deficiency link is intruiging though- has anyone done any concrete research? :?:
Flo

Postby squarecube » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:23 pm

i also have to aunts that chew ice.
squarecube

Postby ANTI-ICE » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:38 pm

:evil: There is no explanation other than OCD. Get over it or confine your ice-chomping to when you are alone. The sound made by someone constantly chewing ice drive me up the wall.

BTW. If I seem passionate about the topic it's because a new co-worker in the cubicle in front of me is constantly doing it. I haven't got up the courage to tell her directly that the habit is annoying. Actually, I am hoping one of my other co-workers will mention it to her. :x

I dont want to create any bad feelings and I would wear headphones to drown out the sound, but that's probably against company policy. Headphones, that is.
ANTI-ICE

Postby katieliciouz » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:20 am

no one in my family chews ice.
katieliciouz

Ice eaters

Postby lresper » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:38 pm

Well, hater I chowing down on a 32oz cup as I type and it's so damn good. You should try it maybe it'll get you addicted. yeah, do that have some join us.
lresper

Postby SweetT72 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:09 pm

Anti Ice.
we never want to offend anybody. :lol:

just know she can't help it. this is from a true ice eater.
SweetT72

Postby Carly » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:26 pm

ANTI-ICE wrote::evil: There is no explanation other than OCD. Get over it or confine your ice-chomping to when you are alone. The sound made by someone constantly chewing ice drive me up the wall.

BTW. If I seem passionate about the topic it's because a new co-worker in the cubicle in front of me is constantly doing it. I haven't got up the courage to tell her directly that the habit is annoying. Actually, I am hoping one of my other co-workers will mention it to her. :x

I dont want to create any bad feelings and I would wear headphones to drown out the sound, but that's probably against company policy. Headphones, that is.

wow. hey, buddy, no need to be so splenetic. just ask her to stop, don't need to start a big fuss.

we're loving people, us ice chewers. :wink:
Carly

"Anti-Ice"

Postby Scrooey~Snowball » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:52 pm

ANTI-ICE wrote::evil: There is no explanation other than OCD. Get over it or confine your ice-chomping to when you are alone. The sound made by someone constantly chewing ice drive me up the wall.

Obssessive Compulsive disorder has nothing to do with ice chewing and ice chewing is not something you just "get over." The cravings for it is not something that can be confined to when the chewer is alone. When that craving hits-We ice chompers will chomp :lol: away like or not. Ice chompers :lol: unite!
Scrooey~Snowball

Location: Another Scrooey Creative World Called Old Frosty Kenmora

Re: "Anti-Ice"

Postby dimples » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:26 pm

Screwy Snowball wrote:

Obssessive Compulsive disorder has nothing to do with ice chewing and ice chewing is not something you just "get over." The cravings for it is not something that can be confined to when the chewer is alone. When that craving hits-We ice chompers will chomp :lol: away like or not. Ice chompers :lol: unite!
Dear Anti-Ice, I'm sure it is something akin to smoking, doing drugs, etc. It is very addictive. We can't just get over it! Sorry about your cubicle buddie, but there may be something you do that annoys her. Ever think about that? Just try to get along!
Dimples :wink:
dimples

Re: Maybe Ice Chewing is learned behavior?

Postby CravingIce » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:32 am

I suspect that it is because of
- nervous condition
- OCD
- trying to keep calm
- the ice tastes good
- it is fun to eat
- I like the sound it makes in the cup, while crunching, and the slurping sound

Once you get your iron levels in control, those urges will utterly disappear. When My iron is in order, then the taste of ice repulses me.

funny thing.

When I crave ice, it is fanatical. . . I MUST have it right then and now! I feel the cravings and the urgency.

Good iron---I don't even need to have ice in my cup.

all the best eveyrone.

I have to resist the urge not to offend. That's how I know it's becoming a problem for me again. . . .I shake my ice cup around others. They are nice about it but I have to quit.
CravingIce

Postby CravingIce » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:34 am

I put a tiny amount of water in the ice tray which makes the perfect size of ice to prevent choking and crisping.
The hardest thing is waiting for the ice to form when I forget to refill with water.
CravingIce

Postby sochnedo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:25 am

If I seem passionate about the topic it's because a new co-worker in the cubicle in front of me is constantly doing it. I haven't got up the courage to tell her directly that the habit is annoying. Actually, I am hoping one of my other co-workers will mention it to her. :x ??
Pass4sure ccie data center
sochnedo

Return to Other