I'm not a freak, I'm not a freak!!

Other possible reasons for ice chewing.

I'm not a freak, I'm not a freak!!

Postby AONi » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:21 am

Who would have ever thought that I would actually find a group on the net devoted to people who chew ice. OMG! I can't wait to share that with a few of my witty little friends that think my ice chewing habit is just another item to the list of odd and peculiar behaviors. HA!
Last april I found myself eating all the ice out of my pop or drinks. That advanced to getting a glass of ice and then thinking who need liquid...just ruin a good thing. The only other time in my life I can recall craving ice was right after my son was born (14) years ago. I was in a bar, drinking my drink, eating the ice, and some guy sat next to me as said "hey do you know why chicks eat ice" I am thinking, no genious do tell...then he proceeded with "becasue they are sexually deprived" Thank god I had a nice big piece of ice in my mouth cause it prevented me from saying well with pickup lines like that I am thinking you go home with 10lb bags nightly! To cut him some slack, I have since heard others say the same thing, guess I had just never heard it prior to that!
Anyways, my iron levels have been okay, first thing I had done when I read about it. What scared me was that every time I would go to the crushed ice dispenser on my fridge, my mouth would literally water. Just like I was getting ready to sink my teeth into a big grilled juicy steak! ITS ICE! Thats it. No flavor, no scent, certainly not sweet!
Oh well, I dont think I will worry to much about the issue...its just kind of cool to know that others bring a baggie with them in the car, or wonder where they can find the next ice machine, worry that there wont be any at home and should they stop and pick some up! Wow, again, its just ice!!
Hmmmm!
~Kristi
AONi

Postby mr. freeze » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:38 am

wow, i can't believe i found a website that's actually taking this seriosuly, as my parents put it down to the fact i'm strange! The first time i remember craving ice was after i had a coke and remember chewing the ice, then enjoying it and instead of coke ordered a glass of ice. then another, then another, then eventually this habit became a sort of addiction. everywhere i go, theres a flask of ice by my side, people think i'm strange, but so what? i'm not the only one! woot! :D
Art, Music, Blood and Ice: The Perfect crime.
mr. freeze

Postby perryandtina83 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:51 pm

I hear ya! When I go out to eat i order a glass of water or tea and a cup of ice on the side, i have gotten some weird looks but I don't care anymore, look as long as you keep my ice cup filled you'll get your tip!
I don't know what it is about ice but i just can't get enough!
tina
I'm hooked on eating ice!
perryandtina83

Postby Scrooey~Snowball » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:22 pm

[colorBlue]Believe it or not ice does have a smell that to me is cold and frosty and a taste that's like the odor of a defrosting freezer!!! YUMMY YUMMY!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Chomp on!!!! :lol: [/color][/i]
Last edited by Scrooey~Snowball on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scrooey~Snowball

Location: Another Scrooey Creative World Called Old Frosty Kenmora

Postby iliketopretendimjackfrost » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Dude! I've been ordering cups of ice for hecka long. I go to our local snowcone stop for shaved ice, but I don't get any flavor. Just ice. It's amazing. My friends and I drive hours to the snow, just to ball some up and eat it. I'm so glad that there are others that take in the same enjoyment from ice that I do.
I like to pretend I'm Jack Frost!
iliketopretendimjackfrost

Re: I'm not a freak, I'm not a freak!!

Postby Jaina » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:54 pm

I am so happy to find this board. All of my life I can remember being a huge fan of eating ice. I have always craved it. Within the past few weeks that craving has increased ten fold (not sure why, it just happens some times). I constantly think about it. I have attempted to quell the craving with popsicles and slushies but it is just not the same. As a college student living in a dorm I have a small fridge with a miniscule freezer so I have no means of storing ice in my residence. I am constantly thinking about how the next time I am at the cafeteria I can get a nice big glass of ice...yum
nothing in the world is more common then unsuccessful people with talent, leave the house before you find something worth staying home for.
Jaina

Re: I'm not a freak, I'm not a freak!!

Postby adson3492 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:14 am

Model information please 1D0-520 study guide :) :)
adson3492

Return to Other