What caused my ice chewing

Possible medical based reasons for ice chewing.

What caused my ice chewing

Postby tree » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:11 pm

I chewed ice for many years.

I had severe uterine fibroids. They became bad enough that I had to have a hysterectomy. This wasn't a terrible tragedy for me since I had decided not to have children, and I had so much pain and discomfort for so many years that it was actually a relief.

When I was returned to my room after the operation, my dear mother had a giant cup of ice waiting for me, knowing how much I loved my ice. I looked at the cup and nothing. No desire, no want. We were both flabbergasted. And I've never wanted it since. I do kind of miss it, though. So fresh and crunchy! :)

I had not been anemic until the fibroids became severe. I don't want to scare anyone - my hysterectomy was decided upon because of the fibroids and that I did not want children. This was also in the year 2001, and they have many, many other options for dealing with fibroids now.
tree

Re: What caused my ice chewing

Postby Ofii » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:37 am

I only recently discovered my ice chewing is as a result of IDA.. I'v been chewing ice since i ws 12 years old. I'm almost 19 now and very worried. I hope your condition was not caused by your ice eating because i cannot stop and do not want spoil my chances of having kids.. Plus i'm a Nigerian and good and real doctors are hard to find
Ofii

Return to Medical Reasons