ANEMIA

Possible medical based reasons for ice chewing.

ANEMIA

Postby SOCCERxBABY3 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:08 pm

hey everyone!!! I'm 14 years old, and female, and about a year ago, I was OBSESSED with ice. 5 cups a day, and I would sit by my heater because I would get so cold from chewing ice. I did think it was normal because I came across this website because I was trying to find ways to make good tasting ice. But then my Mom told me that she has low iron and is anemic, so I decided to go to the doctor to see why I chew ice. They took a blood test from me and get this, I HAD A HEMOGLOBIN LEVEL OF 5.5!!!!! WHEN IT SHOULD BE 12!! I was rushed to the hospital and got two blood transfusions, and now I have to take iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. and so much stuff...seriously, stop chewing ice and get yourself checked out. I have chipped teeth and too much water can kill ya. I just wanted everyone to know that it IS a sign of iron deficiency because my doctor even told me that. Hope this helps!!!! And do NOT wait to the last minute to get checked out..because if you do, then there might be a problem that gets worse.If i waited even longer, my hemoglobin level could have gone down lower, and I could have had a heart attack. My hemoglobin level is now 8.8, but it's still not normal. I just don't want anyone to go through what I did! thanks bye! :D
SOCCERxBABY3

Return to Medical Reasons