Bleach freak

Possible medical based reasons for ice chewing.

Bleach freak

Postby AZice » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:06 pm

Does anybody else crave the smell of bleach? It started with my first pregnancy and never went away...I just want to snort it up my nose! (I don't, though.) Also, are we all women? Are there any men who get weird about ice?
AZice

Postby crunch crunch » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:34 am

Um... YES!!! I love it. Finally someone that loves it too! The best time to smell it is when you are moving the clothes from the washer to the dryer because you get to smell it without the fumes! I can't get enough of it. It's not just bleach for me though. It's my Fabuloso brand floor cleaner, bleach, dish soap, hand soap, dishwasher detergent, etc... I feel silly sometimes because I will find myself sniffing at this stuff without even realizing it. I wonder what causes this and if it has anything to do with my overwhelming need to crunch on ice 24/7.
crunch crunch

pica

Postby buddhababy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:09 pm

I too have similar cravings, cleaning products, as well as crunching ice. I looked it up and found something called pica. Not sure if you've heart of it, but symptoms can be shown in craving non-food items and it usually means you have an iron deficiency. I haven't been checked lately, but in the past have been anemic. This all started a few months ago, have you found any results with taking iron or anything?
buddhababy

Postby icelover420 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:34 am

I also love the smell of bleach. I esp. love how I smell when I get out of a pool, and cant resist smelling my hands.
icelover420

Re: Bleach freak

Postby mythecup » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:06 am

I'm a guy, I like chewing ice... and I can't say I don't like the smell of bleach.
mythecup

Postby tyler » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:42 pm

If you love the smell of bleach you should post about it over here!

http://smells.iswhaticrave.com
tyler
Site Admin

Postby debb4us2000 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:04 pm

My friend told me today about this site and I was AMAZED to find others like myself who chew buuuuuut I would have never guessed that my ice chewing and my obsession with BLEACH(among other smells) would have to do with one another.... THERE IS NOTHING LIKE WALKING INTO AN INDOOR POOL AND THE OVERWELMING SMELL OF THE BLEACH...OHHHHHH MY GOSH, I LOVE IT. ok I have admitted enough for one night...LOL LOL LOL :mrgreen:
debb4us2000

Return to Medical Reasons