Anemics: how low of a blood count do you have?

Possible medical based reasons for ice chewing.

Anemics: how low of a blood count do you have?

Postby crunchcrunchcrunch » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:55 pm

After chewing ice excessively for about half a year, and driving my husband crazy, I went to the doctor and had my blood checked for anemia. The doctor determined that I was indeed anemic. My hemoglobin level is 7.4. He said a low-normal level is about 11. Anyone know anything else about this scale, or how their own level, regarding anemia?
crunchcrunchcrunch

Postby TheDjsGirl » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:34 pm

Yep, I went to the doc and my hemoglobin was 7.8 and the doc put me on meds and told me to stay home from work and rest. It is VERY dangerous to have levels that low. If the meds she gave me don't do the trick, the next step is a transfusion. Hope all is well with you.
Love, TheDjsGirl
TheDjsGirl

Postby SweetT72 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:08 pm

DJs Girl

My hemoglobin level is 7. something as well. My doctor put me on iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. 3 times a day. I don't take them like i should because they make me feel worst. But I do take them when I start feeling tired or my body isn't right...What kind do you take? and she said if the meds doesn't work for me the next thing is a transfusion as well. but she said something like I would have to come in every 3 months for this....

So since being on the meds do you still eat ice? less or more?
SweetT72

Re: Anemics: how low of a blood count do you have?

Postby sweetboba » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:45 pm

yes, your red blood cell count is definite too low, range show be between 11 to 15%. your to the point of pissible blood tranfusion.
my hemoglobin level is 11.6% and i thought is was low. what i've been taking SSS tonic a high potency iron / B vitamins supplements along with B12 liquig form.
chin
sweetboba

a question for the ladies

Postby jeanninela » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:12 pm

:?:
Has any of the anemia girls also experienced lack of menstruation? Is there a connection?
jeanninela

Postby cinclarkst » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:52 pm

crunchcrunchcrunch wrote:After chewing ice excessively for about half a year, and driving my husband crazy, I went to the doctor and had my blood checked for anemia. The doctor determined that I was indeed anemic. My hemoglobin level is 7.4. He said a low-normal level is about 11. Anyone know anything else about this scale, or how their own level, regarding anemia?

I just got out of the hospital, I had a hemoglobin count of 6.2.. I had to have a blood transfusion..NO FUN!!!

I also eat ice...Or i did till now........I truly believe ICE was the cause of my anemia.. Also I had restless legs syndrome ( i dont have that now after my blood transfusion...... My levels now is still quite low ( 8.2) but gradually on the rise....I am on 625 mgs of iron a day....... That will be like that for a month ..I worry about that too because of the chance of liver damage.........I have to have blood drawn every two weeks till i am out of danger........ They said i could of died ........MAinly my heart was working overtime...I did feel it beating out of my chest b4 i went to hospital... I guess i am lucky to be here....All i want to say is if you are addicted like i was....try to stop b4 its 2 late.....Id say most of you here are Anemics............Please see your doctor.........Believe me having blood transfusions and everything else i had to deal with ..Ice is not worth it......Its gonna be hard to give up on the ice.............But if u want to be healthy , then i suggest u do.. Good luck all...and God bless you
cinclarkst

ice depleting your iron

Postby talli » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Ok I will say it again. How can Ice deplete your iron? I thought that you became interested in ice when you were already anemic? I didnt have iron problems until I started a weight loss program and would chew ice to help. Then find out I am anemic. I really want to know the medical reason how ice can work against you. Any ideas? :?
talli

Postby SOCCERxBABY3 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:07 pm

I had a hemoglobin level of 5.5--im only 14 years old. I got two blood transfusions and I'm taking Iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. and eating foods enriched with Iron.
SOCCERxBABY3

Postby monnie1119 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:53 am

After a pretty difficult delivery I had to have 2 blood tranfusions and that still left me with a 5. something iron level. I was anemic all throughout my pregnancy but didn't take my iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. because they caused constipation
monnie1119

Postby nsmego » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:16 am

5.3 was my lowest. Caused by infection in the bone marrow. I am in the 9's now and falling and the cravings are getting out of control.
nsmego

Return to Medical Reasons