other health issues CAUSED by ice chewing (not Anemia)

Possible medical based reasons for ice chewing.

other health issues CAUSED by ice chewing (not Anemia)

Postby Ice Ice Baby65 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:25 pm

I have been told that chewing ice is bad for your stomach..has anyone else heard this OR other health issues associate w/ chewing Ice other then the obvious?
Patrica
Ice Ice Baby65

Liver shock

Postby Ellen » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:11 am

Someone told me this past week, that chewing ice is a shock to your liver. I am having issues with getting really cold in my hands from ice chewing. Can they be related causes?
Ellen

Postby chewygoowy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:31 pm

Yeah, I heard the same thing. Swallowing something really cold can "freeze' you stomach. I'm guessing because of the cold. I haven't heard anything about the liver though. Hmmm.. interesting point. I'll look something up on it. :D
"So tod-ay I was gonna figure out what I was gonna do about this whole no work, no mon-ay situation>" oddtodd. com
chewygoowy

intestinal bleeding relief?

Postby chomper » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:08 am

I have been told that people who chew ice may have intestinal bleeding and that for some reason the cold is soothing -even though it is not a problem you are even aware you are solving. Again, I have not researched and found medical backing for this -just something I was told.
chomper

Odd Todd

Postby Ner0 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:26 am

Hoe many ppl in this forum found this forum from Odd Todd's website?Thats how I found it, I originaly started at AlbinoBlacksheep.com and wound up here, chewing ice after reading all this stuff about ice, guess it made me crave it.
Ner0

Postby DalejrFan » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:43 pm

I found this on Odd Todds site. Now there is nothing wrong with chewing ice. Ive been chewing ice since I was 5. im 13 and I am FINE!!
DalejrFan

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:33 am

i was reading up about spleen disorders, and i came across an article that said too many cold drinks and foods, (especially ice) weakens your spleen.

chewing ice isnt harmful to the stomache or intestines or...

Postby dude » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:40 am

Chewing ice isnt bad for your liver or intestines or stomache. These are all myths. Think about it, do popsicles hurt you? No.... Ice is water by the time it reaches your stomach anyway (unless you are swallowing the ice whole)

ice = water. cold water. it wont hurt you, it wont put you into shock or cool your core temperature down, or give you hypothermia... it wont cause you to die, or even get hurt, it might give you "brain freeze" but other than that its fairly harmless.

Oh, and by the way, ice chewing is VERY annoying to those around you, please be considerate. You wouldnt smoke around a non smoker if they asked you not to, so why chew ice??
dude

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:52 pm

I heard that some people chew ice due to sexual frustration. Any thoughts on this?

Postby guest » Fri May 14, 2004 4:26 pm

Whenever you ingest cold drinks (and I assume ice, in this case), it slows down the stomach's ability to digest food. If you chew ice, it's best not to do it with or directly after a meal so you can give your body a chance to digest your food as quickly as possible. Ice -- an in between meal snack?

iron

Postby jansmith » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:02 pm

Hello
Ice is my main food.
jansmith

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:32 pm

hey..i eat ice like crazy and...its like the onlything i eat..i have stopped craving food and when i do feel hunrgy i eat ice...i heard its an eating disorder called pica..does anyone know anything about this?

disorder

Postby jade » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:33 pm

hey..i eat ice like crazy and...its like the onlything i eat..i have stopped craving food and when i do feel hunrgy i eat ice...i heard its an eating disorder called pica..does anyone know anything about this?
jade

Re: chewing ice isnt harmful to the stomache or intestines o

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:04 am

dude wrote:it wont hurt you, it wont put you into shock or cool your core temperature down, or give you hypothermia...

From someone who has done it (on more than one occasion)... yes it can, and will, given that you eat enough of it at once. One doesn't normally eat popsicles by the bucket.

ICE CHEWING IS DUE TO SEXUAL FRUSTRATION

Postby MISS C » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:15 pm

Guest wrote:I heard that some people chew ice due to sexual frustration. Any thoughts on this?
THERE MAY BE SOMETHING TO THAT BECAUSE I HAVEN'T HAD SEX IN YEARS. WHEN I DO I HOPE NOT EAT SO MUCH ICE.
MISS C

Next

Return to Medical Reasons