how can i beat this addiction?

Why do you chew ice?

how can i beat this addiction?

Postby wishIcouldStop » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:25 pm

i love chewing ice, but once and awhile it hurts my teeth and it drive my friends crazy. i'd really like to have control over this addiction. any advice???
wishIcouldStop

Postby ANTI-ICE » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:00 pm

Yeah, STOP ALREADY!!! At work I have someone that sits in front of me thats constantly chomping on the stuff. Its like fingers on a chalkboard. Yikes!! :x

I didn't want to say anything in case it was a medical prob. But now that I've seen this board...I may have to say something to her, diplomatically of course.
ANTI-ICE

Postby ICE CHEWER » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:21 pm

I'VE BEEN MANIACALLY CHEWING ICE FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS AND CAN'T STOP...DENTIST HAS INFORMED ME THAT MY TEETH ARE BREAKING!!! HAS ANYONE HAD RESULTS BY TAKING IRON SUPPLEMENTS??
ICE CHEWER

Postby kimmylg » Mon May 30, 2005 9:54 pm

I was completely addicted to ice for several years. I had not been to a doctor for anything because I had no insurance. We got insurance a few months ago, so I went for a physical. Low and behold-- I was severely anemic.

The doctor was totally fascinated that I was an "ice chewer". Anyway, she told me to take Slow Fe Iron tablets twice a day. I remember thinking that I could not imagine myself not standing at the freezer stuffing ice in my mouth until my jaws wouldn't move anymore from the cold.

I kid you not. I took the iron for less than a week, and suddenly, I didn't want ice anymore! I feel so liberated!!
kimmylg

severe anemic

Postby sassittarius » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:42 pm

I was told that I was severely anemic about 4 weeks ago. My doctor told me to tak Slow FE iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. twice a day, and it should stop the ice chewing. I haven't taken any yet, my problem is...I don't think I'm ready to give up my ice yet! It is so good.......my skin is beautiful!
sassittarius

Question....

Postby Cantstop_Wontstop » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:28 pm

I hear all these things about ice chewing being linked to anemia - How do doctors explain this? What is it about lacking iron that causes us to want to chew a substance that has no nutritional ingredients? I'm in LOVE with chewing ice, but I wonder what REALLY causes me to love it so much? Any insight??
...and jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes..... spaghetti, spaghetti, spaghetti
Cantstop_Wontstop

Return to Why?