Im a newbie with a question

Why do you chew ice?

Im a newbie with a question

Postby pagetwo » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:09 am

:?: anyone ever feel bloated from all this ice we chew?? I dont get a full sensation as much as bloated...hmm
pagetwo

Re: Im a newbie with a question

Postby icecruncher2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Yes, I used to bloat when I ate ice made from faucet water with no filter. Most restaurants use ice makers that filter the water so that you do not get all that flourine and chlorine in the ice. That is what is making you bloat. Take it from a person who used to bloat and who had moved to ice made from filtered water. It made all the difference. Smell your ice; if you can smell the chlorine or whatever it is don't eat it.
icecruncher2

Postby kokomo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:13 pm

Have you been checked for anemia????
kokomo

Postby icecruncher2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi Kokomo and thanks. I was checked many years ago and had anemia. I can not remember my hemoglobin count. But I can say that at that time I discovered I had a huge uterine fibroid which was causing me very heavy periods. After I had the fibroids removed in 1996, I got pregnant and did not crave anymore until this year (2008) about two months ago. I have been having very, very heavy periods too, for the last 4-5 months. Much heavier than usual. I am making the connection. :shock: I have been loosing a lot of blood on my period. I have been flooding out overnight pads and also wearing these big things during the day and still flooding them out. When I stand I can feel a rush of blood spilling into my pad. I need to get to my OB-GYN to find out why I am loosing so much blood. I am a very youthful 45 year old; who looks and feels like a 28-30 year old (or so I am told). Maybe I need to look a pre-menopausal symptoms and blood loss. Eureka!!! I believe this is the correlation to my ice craving.
icecruncher2

Return to Why?