Addicted!

Why do you chew ice?

Addicted!

Postby kt » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:25 pm

Hi!

I am 16 and have been addicted to ice for about 2 years now. Everyone thinks that I am totally weird and I keep getting funny looks from people but I don't care anymore! I have a whole system of every fifteen minutes getting out three ice trays and the cycle just carries on- so basically I have ice and ice and ice!

I live in England and I think that most of you on here are American? That's because you are talking about sonic or something and I don't know what that is. What do you mean you buy ice?

I love ice so much, it really calms me down and after a tough day at school I am always desperate for something cool and nice to slide down my throat - when I at my friends houses I feel like I have a horrible taste in my mouth which I need to wash down with ice.

I am having a blood test soon because I have a problem with my hands which I think might be caused by ice - they get cold and numb all the time! I know that I won't be able to give it up though!

It is so great to find this website where there are loads of other people who know what it's like to be addicted to ice! I don't see the problem really, I mean it's not like smoking or alcholol, it's just water!

Tell me more about your addictions!

kt

ps- anyone else from England or anyone else 16 who knows what I mean? Or anyone older I don't mind- just want to know opinions really!
ice girl
kt

im from england too.

Postby ice mummy » Wed May 25, 2005 3:23 pm

hello ice girl.
im from england too.i see what u mean about everyone on here being from america.
ive only just discovered this site and i cant believe that it actually exists i thought i was the only person who had this wierd craving,im glad to know that im not on my own.
im 27 years old and ive got 3 kids and my ice addiction definitely got worse when i got pregnant.
i can relate to everything you said abut your addiction coz i feel the same.i didnt know that the reason we do it is probably down to anamia though im gonna go to the doctor and get it checked out .i would never have known that if i hadnt come on this site.do you get bad stomch cramps coz u eat so much of it?or does it make u moody if u dont have it.
? let me know.if u wanna talk that is.
u can read about my addiction under crazy for ice .

hope to speak soon ice mummy
ice mummy

ice girl writes back!

Postby kt » Thu May 26, 2005 2:05 pm

Hi!

I know what you mean I couldn't believe it when I found this site...people are always calling me weird, I just thought that I was a one off!!

I found out that I am anaemic! I am on iron tablets but my cravings have not worn off yet. Yes I do get stomach cramps but I also found out that I have coeliac disease (allergy to gluten/wheat) which could be the reason for it.

I also have reynold syndrome in my hands from ice!!! But I can't stop.

Does it effect your children or your partner?

Where abouts are you in England if you don't mind me asking?

love ice girl

xx
ice girl
kt

Postby ice mummy » Thu May 26, 2005 5:50 pm

hi ice girl!
im actually from essex.where r u from?
ive recently had a blood test and am waiting to hear from the doctors for the results.my 3 year old son is anaemic so the chance of me having it r pretty high.im also a diabetic and i thought that i ate ice because im constantly thirsty but i think i do need iron tablets.ive had them before when i was pregnant but they gave me even worse stomach cramps than i get now.
my kids love eating ice too when i let them that is coz i panic that im gonna run out if i give it to them and then there wont be any left for when i need it. its really sad really.and my daughter is always asking me why i eat all the ice and dont let them have any and it makesme feel really bad but i just cant control myself and i do get really moody if its not ready when i want it.
i think that the kids like it coz i ate so much of it when i was pregnant with them all.i was eating upto 2 big bags a week and i know its gonna sound funny but i remember once by husband put some ice in a bag and crushed irt all up with a hammer for me coz thats the easiest way to eat it without hurting your teeth.and the way i like it best.
he is quite understanding about it and he even bought me my own ice machine, and he even freezez it for me during the day when i am at work so that i have enough supply in the evening.i know im lucky that he understands really.
do u find that if u eat it when u r stressed that it calms u down?
got 2 go coz i need my next bowl!!!
speak soon
from ice mummy
ice mummy

stress relieving!

Postby kt » Sat May 28, 2005 10:44 am

Hi!

I live in Northampton. Yes when I am stressed out I find that my body craves ice and when I eat it I immediately feel less stressed! However, if my mouth gets all prepared for ice and then I get home and there's none there (someone has used it or something) then my body gets VERY stressed and I find myself very angry!!

You're lucky that your husband doesn't mind. My parents are very against it and forbid me from eating ice anywhere apart from the Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off! (of course I take no notice and sneak it up under jumpers or whatever!) They think that I am ruining my teeth, but really I am so addicted that nothing can stop me!.Once I came downstairs and my dad had emptied all of my ice out into the sink...I almost cried!!!!!

I don't see what the problem is, it's only frozen water. I think its healthier than snacking on crisps or chocolate. I think the reason that I eat it is because I like to eat when watching TV but because I have always had to watch my weight I didn't want to snack on food so instead turned to ice!!

How old are your children??

love
ice girl
ice girl
kt

Postby Christine » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:13 pm

Hi, wow. I'm new here as well. I cannot believe i found an ice chewing site :? i am 16 years old and i love eating ice! i go to school everyday, and every lunch break, i go down to the donut shop at the bottom of the hill from my school, and i ask them for a cup of ice!! People think im so weird.But i just like eating ice. But im not quite sure why. I eat it every single day. People used to think i was weird and they would always ask me why i eat ice. But now basically everyone in the school knows i eat ice. It doesn't bother me what people think when i chew ice. No one teases me or anything like that. They just thinks its weird.

But actually, today i just decided to go on the internet and look up why people chew ice and i found this site! I still cant believe theres an ice chewing site. I'm kinda relieved because i know now that there are alot of people who eat ice and its not just me.

I don't know if im addicted, but i love eating ice and i eat it all the time!
Like someone offers me something to eat when i go visit, but i say no thanx and i just ask them if they have ice that i can eat!

So, if anyone has more info on why people eat ice than please reply to this.
Christine

over it

Postby kt » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:04 pm

hi!!

just wanted to say that I am totally over my ice addiction now and I really don't even like the taste of it anymore!! Its so strange because I used to eat hundreds of cubes a day!

I think that it definitely has something to do with being anemic (I'm not any more) and I have also been diagnosed with Coeliac disease (body can't cope with wheat) and since stopping eating wheat I really don't crave ice at all!

anyone else with similar experiences?
ice girl
kt

addicted to ice

Postby Kaylee » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:38 am

Hei,
I am 16, but I'm American. I have been addicted to ice for about 4 years now. I hate it when I am at school and feel the need for ice, but I can't get it there, I begin to feel nervous. At work, I chew at least 3 cups of ice within half an hour. It drives me nuts.
Kaylee

Postby maddie » Tue May 02, 2006 3:18 pm

Hello all,
I'm 18 and an american and I can't get enough ice! I understand what you mean when you say you get nervous without ice at school. All the employees at our Kum & Go know me by name because I go in just about every day to get two 64 oz cups of ice (one for my mom, who is also addicted).
Maybe this is bad, but I have no intention of quitting my ice! :twisted: There's nothing wrong with it and I haven't seen any effects on my teeth thus far. What's the big deal? But I do wish I didn't feel so dependent on chunks of frozen water. :oops: Oh well, life is good and ice is cold...I love it!
maddie

Might as well face it, your addicted to Ice.

Postby specialkdawgg » Tue May 09, 2006 1:30 pm

I'm 22 and American and am Ice addicted. Ohwell, I love ice. ICE!!!!!!
SpK--
specialkdawgg

Return to Why?