LIKE TO EAT CRUNCHY ITEMS: SAID TO BE TENSION RELIEVER

Why do you chew ice?

LIKE TO EAT CRUNCHY ITEMS: SAID TO BE TENSION RELIEVER

Postby GueraReal » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:01 pm

I began eating ice when I was a teenager living in a house with no air conditioning. In the summer, I would stick my head in the freezer for a minute to cool off. Then, I started taking cubes of ice into a paper towel and eating them. That was about 13 years ago. Since then, I was found to be anemic, but I took iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. and now I'm fine. I guess I have less of an addiction than most of you here. I generally only eat ice that's in my cup with a beverage. I don't crave ice unless it's in front of me or if I'm thirsty. I do like to have something in my mouth, though, so I chew gum a lot. I have resisted getting my tongue pierced because I know I would never stop playing with it. I have read that people who crave crunchy items, like crackers or ice, need to relieve tension. This theory fits for me. What do you all think?
GueraReal
GueraReal

Postby Brainstorm » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:43 pm

I have been diagnosed with Bruxism (I grind my teeth at night while I sleep) and I have noticed that crunching ice seems to relieve tension and my NEED to clamp my jaws shut. I also have problems with anemia, so I dont know if this is a coinsidence or a combination of things? I just know that when I am not crunching, I am thinking of finding ice to crunch. I am obsessed with this at the present time. I have been obsessed for a little over a year now.
Brainstorm

Return to Why?