Opportunity to share your ice addiction with feature writer

What makes the Best Ice?

Opportunity to share your ice addiction with feature writer

Postby The Ice Chick » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:15 am

Any fellow ice junkies willing to share their story with this ice-loving writer? I write health and feature stories for a suburban daily outside Detroit and am looking to include personal tales from locals and others.

I am on deadline but if anyone would be up for sharing their ice addiction stories, I would love to hear from you by Tuesday, June 17 at noon Eastern. maryanne.macleod@macombdaily.com

For the record: I've been chewing ice all my life, as a kid, I remember wanting
to visit my friend Josie -- because she was my best friend, of course, AND her new refrigerator dispensed fresh ice daily. Now I strongly prefer the gas station variety -- fresh, small, white soft cubes. Heaven! I visit the same location near my home at least twice a day and pay $31 cents for 44 oz. I know everybody there, we laugh, joke and are largely on a first name basis -- they usually just call me The Ice Chick though -- but I do think they think I'm a little odd. (it's amazing what people will tolerate when you smile big and have blonde hair)

If you wish to celebrate ice addiction with me by contributing to my story, please email at your first convenience. Can't wait to hear from you guys!

Maryanne
The Ice Chick

Return to Recipes