What makes the Best Ice?

Postby automaticr » Wed May 12, 2004 9:29 am

I'm glad you are enjoying the site!

-Todd
automaticr
Site Admin

sonic ice

Postby dede » Wed May 12, 2004 1:26 pm

SONIC ICE IS A HAMBURGER JOINT(DRIVE IN) THAT'S HAS ICE LIKE PELLETS ICE EASY TO CHEW & CAN BUY A BAG FOR 99cENTS
dede

sonic ice

Postby dede » Wed May 12, 2004 1:36 pm

SONIC ICE IS A HAMBURGER JOINT(DRIVE IN) THAT'S HAS ICE LIKE PELLETS ICE EASY TO CHEW & CAN BUY A BAG FOR 99cENTS
dede

Postby Tracy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:54 am

I didn't know Sonic was only in the south. Their ice is my favorite too. I will buy a Route 44 cherry limeade for the ice. well, for the drink too. but mainly for all the ice.

my mother keeps telling me that it's bad for my teeth, so i randomly searched for chewing ice, hence i found all yall! heh. it's funny.
Tracy

I'm laughing so hard

Postby tacamp2000 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:07 am

I didn't know there could be such a great web-site. It's so funny to hear how serious all of you ice chewers are!!!! I'm serious too, but I had no idea that there were so many of us out there. I've now got so many ideas on ice......good chewing ice. I've just been making mine thin in regular ice trays, we're going to buy a new fridge with the ice maker built in but here is my big ice confession......I'm an RN and I'm applying for a job at one of the area hospitals......I'm only doing it because they have perfect ice pellets!!!! they are large enough to be crunchy and air filled enough to be satisfying....without all of the tooth damage! I'm so bad. I'm not telling others why I want to work at that hospital...but I'll tell you. At least you understand!!!
tacamp2000

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:46 pm

It's crazy that I stumbled upon this site, but even crazier that I got excited at the mention of Sonic ice. It is absolutely hands down the best ever! I miss it so much because I only see the restaurants in the south and I'm in WI. That is definitely some good ice!

Postby gina » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:48 am

:D lol i love the ice you get at the gas station. i guess i like it as much as the ice you get at sonic's. i live in tampa florida and there every where. the ice there is shoft but yet still chruchy. not so chrunchy to chip a tooth or anything but just right. cuded ice is good only when it is a cloudy white color. that means it has alot of tiny air bubbles that mekes it more soft. i can't stand to chew the completely clear ice cubes. lol this so funny i swore i was alone in this. everyone says how weird i am cause i chew ice like if it was gum or something. glad to know i'm not alone.
gina

Re: Sonic Ice Is My Favortie

Postby icegirl » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:44 am

icedoutBritt wrote:i love the ice you can get from sonic. i drink my cokes really fast just so i can get to the ice. lol! i'm glad somebody made this site cuz now i see that me and my friend nikki are not the only ones who like to chew ice. thanks guys.

yeah sonic ice is perfect. i love it. :lol:
icegirl

LION'S CHOICE has SONIC ICE, too!

Postby GueraReal » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:49 pm

For any of those who live in the midwest or if you know of the fast food chain Lion's Choice, they have the same type of ice as Sonic. Yummy!
GueraReal
GueraReal

Postby Heart_of_ice » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:21 pm

I haven't had Sonic ice in a good two years...man im about to die! i just had a huge cube from my fridge that woudln't fit in my mouth...last time i double up my trays.....my mom doesn't like me chewing ice so i have to hid it
i maie ice when shes not home and store it in empty boxes for microwave dinners..mwaahaha!
Try not to let your mind wander..iuts way to small to be outside on its own.
Heart_of_ice

Favorite Ice

Postby Patti_i4 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:51 pm

I have been an ice chewer most of my life, but came on a "recipe" a few years ago that really does it for me. Gatorade Slush. Keeps me off the soda and is a little easier on the teeth. Don't freeze it all the way. You have to use the quart sized bottles and then shake it periodically and squeeze the bottle to break it off the walls. I'm an addict!
Patti_i4

Ok thats not it

Postby kassieme » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:39 am

No slushies, no frozen drinks, no flavored sno cones, JUST ICE!

Anyone who wants to add flavor to it, is not a REAL ice chewer!!! Yuck! I hate snow cones with flavorings.

I get so pissed when Im eating those damned things. I just want the ice. No fuss. Sonic does have the best ice, but they dont use purified water and I live in Orlando, and trust me its some nasty water in florida.

However the hospital uses purified water and man...thats some good shit.

Now freezer ice from mini fridges is the BEST. Omg I love that ice. Its basically snow, its frozen condensation. I even got my friend Morgan into ice eating. I cant wait to go to NY in the winter and eat some fresh snow.
Kassie Edwards
Orlando, FL
http://www.geocities.com/kassieme
kassieme

Postby SweetT72 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:50 pm

Sonic Ice?
How can I find out if there is a Sonice Ice in my area. I'm from Chicago.... in Chi town ice eaters up in here.

Does ice do anything to your gums??
SweetT72

Postby vega619 » Fri May 13, 2005 5:39 pm

AMPM ice is the best but you have to make sure you get the crunch bite sized ice!!!
vega619

Previous

Return to Recipes