Best Ice

What makes the Best Ice?

Best Ice

Postby tsmith61008 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:35 pm

The best ice I have found is at a stand alone machine from a company called Ice House America. They have a machine that is open 24 hours a day and the ice is $2.00 for a 16 pound bag. I LOVE this ice. It is "softer" than most ice. It is easy to eat without breaking your teeth. I use a rolling pin to beat the bag and loosen the ice up and then just put some in a bowl (I eat much more than a glass can hold) and munch away. I get so cold that I lay in bed with the heater on next to me and munch away. I even use a heating pad on me to keep me warm. I am going to go to the doctor and have my iron checked. I just started taking some iron this week in hopes to stop craving ice. I am not sure it will work. I did take a medicine once called Riperdal that helped but I don't take it anymore.
tsmith61008

Re: Best Ice

Postby MyDogisaRouter » Mon May 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Hey tsmith61008. I agree with softer ice is the way to go. I remember back in the day i would get rather large bags from the local chevron.
MyDogisaRouter

Postby syrulijczyk » Wed May 20, 2015 12:25 pm

for me. Crushed with some lemon juice
syrulijczyk

Postby Kiitah » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:06 am

OP- did you ever get your iron checked? The results?
Kiitah

Postby LogicLee » Sat May 14, 2016 6:25 pm

My daughter and I are both serious ice chewers. So much that are built in ice maker can't keep up with the amount of ice we eat. While the greatest ice maker for ice chewing which will be the Opal Nugget ice maker (like sonic ice) being released in July of 2016. While we already preordered that machine with the hot days in Florida coming early we were in desperate need for a temporary solution. I found the Igloo countertop ice maker at Wal-Mart for $99.99. You can find it at a number of other stores including Amazon, however, Wal-Mart was the cheapest. The other reason I recommend Wal-Mart is their 3 yr extended warranty for $8. The Igloo ice maker comes in silver and fire engine red. You have to manually fill the tank, so you can always use your favorite water. While no countertop ice maker is refrigerated, this one is very well insulated, ice melts really slow! Luckily the ice maker uses sensors so it stops when it's full, and makes more when it's low. It makes 6 cubes every 10 minutes which is super fast. The great thing is that it is white ice with holes in the center. It has just enough hardness to feel like your chewing, however, it is fairly soft and really is an ice chewers dream! The longer the ice sits in the basket, the softer it gets. When the ice melts it just drains back into the water reservoir to be turned into ice again, so you don't need a drain! If you get one, you'll never run out of ice! I definitely recommend getting the extended warranty though! There have been lots of complaints of these things breaking, and it's a headache to get serviced. With the warranty from Wal-Mart you just get a new one. We burned our first one out in 3 days and needed a replacement. Our current one has been running like a champ for 4 months now. The ice was so great I actually cancelled our order for the Opal Nugget Ice Maker. If your on the fence try it out and if you don't like it Return it. I don't see that ever happening, but it does provide you with a no risk chance to try it out. This thing will provide an unlimited supply of fairly soft chewing ice which will satisfy any ice chewer! Happy ice chewing to my fellow addicts!
LogicLee

Postby shenoa423 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:54 am

Hi there! I am on my 3rd Igloo Ice Maker at home. My boss has a SUP one at work that makes the same ice, which is how I became slowly addicted to this ice. I honestly can't eat any other type of ice now. Everyone makes fun of me because I always have a large YETI tumbler filled with ice. I have around 7 32oz fills daily. That's alot of ice!!! I keep trying to find any adverse side affects for eating ice, but all I find is tooth damage. For some reason I don't think this ice is hard enough to damage your teeth. It is so soft to crunch. Anyway, just wanted to agree with you on the Igloo Countertop Ice Maker. I got mine from Sam's - cost $79.99 now. I did get the 3 year warranty and they have replaced it twice. Best purchase ever.
shenoa423

Return to Recipes