Ice 2

What makes the Best Ice?

Ice 2

Postby Leseil » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Ice part 2
In this section I am going to tell you about the best places to get ice. I am also going to inform you about places and types of ice to avoid.

According http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/bl ... 06743.html most discounters and convenience stores sell bags of cubes, but fast food restaurants are a surprisingly cheap source. Most Burger King and McDonalds locations sell a 10 pound bag for $1.39. Arby's sells a 10-pound bag for $1. The Arby's in Coon Rapids sells at 8-lb. bag for $1. Supplies vary by location since most fast food restaurants are individually owned. At fast food restaurants, you can conveniently request the bags at the drive-through window. When I compared prices at the usual places that sell ice, such as Super America, prices were higher than at fast food restaurants. Target on Lake Street in Minneapolis is selling 5 pounds for $1.37, Super America in Coon Rapids is selling a 5-pound bag for $1.79 or a 20-pound bag for $4.49 and Sam’s Club in St. Louis Park is selling a 20-pound bag for $3.32. Prices and availability can vary by location. In these temps, you might want to call ahead before heading out.

Super America/McDonalds type of ice (known as half cube): This type of ice is crunchy and usually easier to chew. I find that if I let it let it melt a little it has a texture I enjoy. This is by far my favorite type of Ice to consume. Once or twice a week I would buy a 31 cent Super America cup of ice. I find though since I am a frequent ice chewer buying a 1 dollar McDonalds bag is a better investment.

Sonic ice (nugget ice): This type of ice I tend to avoid because I feel it is too soft. Other ice chewers though, tend to love this type of ice. You can buy it for a couple of bucks. I have also found this type of Ice at whole foods for free (tip bring a water bottle).

Full cubes:

DO NOT EAT FULL CUBES THEY WILL BREAK YOUR TEETH! ANY TYPE OF ICE THAT YOU HAVE MAKE A BIG ENOUGH EFFORT TO CHEW IS BAD!
Leseil

Re: Ice 2

Postby swirusek » Tue May 12, 2015 6:34 pm

nice idea with this topic :)
swirusek

Postby Koniec12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:00 am

Love ice, can't live without it.
Koniec12

Postby serwusek » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:26 am

nice list :D greatly done