Snowy Ice

What makes the Best Ice?

Snowy Ice

Postby WinterSnows » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:15 am

I like fluffy, white ice, with the consistency of snow. I've found a great way to reach just the right consistency, with blender from Williams Sonoma - the chrome professional kind that you make great blended drinks with. I put a bunch of ice cubes in the blender, and blend until it gets to a fluffy white consistency. Not all of the ice crushes, and I remove the big cubes that didn't crush down, but what I'm left with is perfect, fluffy, snowy ice to eat. Once it starts to melt and get slushy, I throw the rest away. Makes me want some right now....
WinterSnows

Postby Scrooey~Snowball » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:31 pm

YUMMY YUM I also love the snowy kind of ice. Hey, I love snow period unfortunately here in the south we don't get much of it but when we do I alway collect it and store it in freezer. Speaking of freezers does anyone else like to eat the frost out of the freezer?
Scrooey~Snowball

Location: Another Scrooey Creative World Called Old Frosty Kenmora

I love freezer Ice

Postby gijimenez5 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:11 pm

I love freezer ice and the best way to make it is to leave the freezer door just slightly open and what you get is the snowy ice. Although my family knows my obseccion with ice now one knows that I eat it from the freezer when I am home alone.
gijimenez5

snowy ice

Postby sbtier » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:55 am

I also like the snowy ice and use a cuisinart food processor. I also sometimes get the big pieces that don't chop that I scoop out. Melt in your mouth but you have to eat it fast! I find this ice works best on dry days, gets too wet on humid days.
sbtier

Postby Minerva » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:44 pm

I never thought of home-making snow ice! Usually when there's a fresh snowfall I'll be sure to scoop up a few top-layer handfuls and enjoy. I get funny looks sometimes but hey, it's no different than sticking one's tongue out and letting flakes land, right? Anyway, I might just put my blender to snow-ice-making use!

I love the crushed ice that comes out of ice-making fridges. I used to babysit for a family with one, and I'd get cups of crushed ice all day long. Again, funny looks from the kids but hey - it's not like I was smoking or something!

Since I don't have an ice-making fridge myself, I like to freeze my cubes solid, pour warm water over them in a glass, and let them sit for half an hour or so. The super-hard layer melts away to allow a nicer, soft-but-crunchy centre to come through.
Minerva

Return to Recipes