Protect your teeth with the right ice

What makes the Best Ice?

Protect your teeth with the right ice

Postby icequeen56 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:27 am

Hi, I'm new to this site. Discovered it today while researching my anemia problem (see stories section from icequeen56) To protect my teeth, I try to be really careful about not chomping ice that is really hard. The clearer the ice, the harder it is, as it's more thoroughly frozen. I get crushed ice from our freezer ice despenser and add just enough water to get the ice wet. The water helps to soften the ice for the perfect soft crunchiness that I crave. For some reason, water seems to soften the ice better than soda, juice, or any other beverage. I understand all too well the obsession with needing ice, as I consume about a gallon a day. But if you can keep from eating really hard ice, you will protect the enamel on your teeth, and prevent damage. I have no cracks or enamel damage in spite of my addiction. For the ultimate ice binge I go to Sonic every other day for the large strawberry limeade EXTRA ICE OF COURSE!! Their ice is EXQUISITE! They all actually know me there as the EXTRA ICE LADY!
icequeen56

Postby vega619 » Fri May 13, 2005 5:23 pm

I try not to crunch hard ice too. My favorite is the mini crunch cubes from AMPM!!!
vega619

Return to Recipes