Aunt Mable's World Famous Crystaline Water.

What makes the Best Ice?

Aunt Mable's World Famous Crystaline Water.

Postby Ghengis John » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:45 am

What you will need:

Onions. Water
Chives. tomatoes
onion chile peppers (to taste)
Lemon Olive oil.
Mixing bowl Knives
Ice cube tray. 1 large califlour.
4 chicken cutlets, skinless. 2 garlic lobes
salt and pepper to taste. Butter.
Sour cream. (optional) 1 large pot
1 saucepan Cilantro

Take the califlower and cut out the heart with a paring knife. Pull apart the fronds. If the skin is tough on the stalks remove it with the paring knife as it will disturb the flavor. Throw this in a large pot of salted water and cover for now. Let that simmer roughly 30 minutes or until aldente. Next, onto the chicken cutlets. The method we will be using is a french method called "cooking in the white." Whereby the cutlets will not be colored in the cooking process. Take your saucepan and add water, just enough to make a thin film. Now add a bit of butter to the water, this will provide the cooking medium. Salt and pepper the cutlets on both sides and throw them into this mixture when it begins to simmer. Cover lightly and cook until white. Now dice the tomatoes, peppers, oinion and cilantro and place them in the mixing bowl. Crush the garlic cloves and chop what comes out for some reason. Add this to the mixing bowl. Next add the lemon to preserve freshness and add tart and some salt to flavor. What we've got here is a salsa but we're going to add some olive oil and the juice from the cooked chicken to make a sause out of it. If you'd like to thicken this you may add tomato paste. Now that the cauliflower is thru cooking, drain the pot (you may use the stock in anything you wish, if you like, but not in the dish, as it is forbidden) dice the chives and add them to the cauliflower. Then add a bit of salt, butter and some diced onion to this. (If you like you may optionally add sourcream) Now take a large serving tray and place the cauliflower down as a bed for the chicken. Lay the chicken on top and dump the salsa sauce on it decoratively. Now this would serve 4. But we're making ice! So throw all this shit out, then take the ice cube tray and fill it with water. Place it in the freezer and wait approximately 6 hours. Serves 12 or one selfish bastard. Optionally you can add anything you like to the water from lemon juice to maple syrup. But then of course it becomes "water-lemon" (ect) mixture officially because ice is only classified as frozen water. Extending it to any solution with water you'd use for ice cubes, well that'd be ridiculous.
Ghengis John

Postby Kenk » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:35 am

OK LET ME JUST SAY.. THIS RECIPE IS AWESOME.

ALTHOUGH I DON'T REALLY SEE THE POINT OF A LOT OF IT, I FLOWED MOST OF YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND MY ICE CAME ABOUT BEAUTIFULLY. THANK YOU GHENGIC JOHN FOR THE MAVIS BEACON'S TEACHES ICE MAKING.
Kenk

Postby I Married An Ice Cruncher » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:22 am

I was worried about Sal Manilla, but now that I've tried your recipie, my wife LOVES it! :wink:
I Married An Ice Cruncher

Return to Recipes