favorite Ice

What makes the Best Ice?

Re: ICE STICKS???????

Postby Danthelyn » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:56 am

June wrote:I found the neatest thing. I was in this Family Dollar Store to pick up some cleaning supplies and went down the picnic row. Well, There they were, ice trays, plastic, all those bright colors, that make ice sticks! Yeah. I just filled mine about 1/2 way up and made little crunch sticks that are oh so soft and chewy. They are about 2 1/2 or 3 in. long. Gotta try them. I'm going back to get more.

I MUST look for these ice trays! Unfortunately we don't have a 'Family Dollar' anywhere nearby. I shall cross my fingers and hope they turn up in the 'Dollar Tree'
Danthelyn

Re: favorite Ice

Postby Jerome » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:56 am

I don't love icebreakers, especially at the college level. When I was a student I just wanted to be taught -- I didn't want to do some kind of artificial bonding thing with the other people. So I tend to be ambivalent on this -- I'll feel like I should and then (especially when I'm teaching adult students) I'll feel like it's a waste of time.

Anyway, when I do do them, one of the ones I like better than others is "Would You Rather." This is one where you have people come up with "would you rather" questions to ask of one another. They can be on topic (would you rather have lived in the 1950s or today; would you rather spend the next 4 years as President of the US or in prison) or they can just be for fun (would you rather be an eagle or a dolphin).

You can at least get people to say something about themselves this way and you can have a mix of serious and playful so hopefully people like me won't be completely turned off...
Jerome

Postby Musiclover536 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:34 am

My favorite is from Casey's (the gas station). Their ice is foggy and comes in bigger chinks bit its soft. I'm addicted to chewing!! I go through about 4 BIG cups everyday. I can't get enough, but i'm starting to get extreme pain all over my mouth. Its like a giant pressure that just stays for about 30 min after I chew. I can't stop though. Anyone have a solution?
Musiclover536

Postby alstewart9999 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:40 pm

I agree with the ice chewer that likes the 10 lb. bag of wal-mart ice. They are all different sizes, not too hard, and have a little powder on them. I had forgetten how awesome that ice is; I'm going to get some TOday!
alstewart9999

Postby CravingIce » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:24 am

I just started eating ice again a couple of weeks ago. Everyone, get your iron levels checked.

But I digress.

My favorite ice:
* subway sandwich shop--love the shape/makes it crispy
* taco bell--same as above
* cloudy pieces ARE the best (I agree)

I hate the pieces of ice that look like a surf board. They are too big
I do not like the sonic or hospital ice pellets--the taste and texture are not right.
CravingIce

Postby IcePixie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:38 am

I love the ice from the machine at Publix. I get a cupfull every time we go shopping.
At home, I use filtered tap water in ice cube trays. I go and 'crack' the trays before they're fully frozen, and the ice comes out w/ air pockets and are easier to break and crunch on.
Makes my husband a little crazy that I keep eating ice, but... I still love it!

(Yes, I have low iron. Yes, I take a supplement daily. Still love my ice!)
IcePixie

Previous

Return to Recipes