favorite Ice

What makes the Best Ice?

Favorite brands

Postby budfairy » Sun May 16, 2004 3:57 am

I like the Alhambra ice that comes in the three 3-pound bags. I have a mallet and i wrap the individual bag in a towel and then pound it into bite-sized chunks. I also like the party ice that comes out of our local 7-11. I can't eat great big cubes out of the freezer. And yes, the frosty white pieces are the *best*.
budfairy

Cosi

Postby notachewer » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:03 pm

I'm not an ice chewer, but I had some ice from Cosi today and it was soooo good! It would be perfect for chewing. It's a bunch of tiny little balls - so tasty!
notachewer

Postby 123456789 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:46 am

honey with shaved ice tastes great! make a hole in a bowl of shaved ice and pour in a spoonful of honey. bury the honey with more shaved ice and press it with the flat side of ur spoon. after a while eat the honey, which has hardened. top the honey with more shaved ice. eating honey this way, with shaved ice tastes great! i introduced it to my friend and now she's hooked onto it :D

Postby Rainbow_Ice » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:31 pm

:D :lol: :lol:
Ok....I love ice....I mean, I REALLLLLLLLY Love ice. It makes me happy, it's calming, it's cooling....it calms an upset tummy....it's loverly.
BUT~~~~you corn starch eaters- what's up with that?
HOW do you eat it?
Do you actually add it to the ice?
Is there a recipe for it?
Can someone explain that to me?
I found the best way to get that frosty foggy white ice is to fill the trays with hot hot hot water...it freezes faster that way too...(less oxygen).
The ice trays can't keep up with me- I go thru a bag of ice (IN addition to the trays) about every 2-3 days.
My dream is to get a fridge with an ice maker(A friend of mine had one once that made FOUR different shapes and sizes...omg- HEAVEN!!!)
You can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself.

Shannon
Rainbow_Ice

New Cruncher on Board

Postby dentistdream » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:04 pm

Hi every one!

I didn't figure I was the only ice cruncher out there But this is amazing!
I can't stop crunching. I go through about 15- 20 trays of ice at home per day! (usually filled half full) and then when I'm out I always hit someplace for a drink. Or should I say for the ice!
Is everyone that crunches anemic or experiencing some kind of health issue ? I'm sure I'm probably anemic but haven't had my blood checked lately. I have ulcerative colitis and experience alot of bleeding from that.
But I also loved crunching ice when I was pregnant!(probably anemic then too! I'm also curious about the corn starch! Is this related only to the ice crunching? I look forward to chatting with you all :D
Liz
dentistdream

Postby bec » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:36 am

ice with salt rocks
bec

Postby GRACE » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:33 pm

I EAT A 8 LB BAG PER DAY, I BROUGHT IT FROM WALGREENS. I LOVE ICE. I CRUSH IT SOMETIMES IN A FLOUR SACK TO PIECES, IT GOOD THAT WAY.
GRACE

Anemic Ice Chewer

Postby Liz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:21 pm

My ice craving is at its worst when I'm pregnant (I'm 7 months along right now). My doctor just told me I'm anemic, so that might explain my craving. The best ice I have ever eaten was in a hospital. The nurses called them ice chips, but they were crunchy nuggets that were cylinder shaped. The second best ice the foggy ice that GE refrigerators make. I let them soak in water until they're soft. I have two cups going at once: One to eat and another one soaking. I have a Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off! ice maker, which makes pretty good ice, but the ice has a clear outer layer that I have to chew through to get to the foggy part. I bug all of my friends and relatives who have GE refrigerators, and I raid their ice boxes!
Liz

I eat ice CONSTANTLY!

Postby Ice GiRl » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:19 am

I would prefer the crushed ice that comes in the little window on the door of some refridgerators, but my fridge doesn't make ice, so I have to make it myself! I have been trying to create the best ice for a long time now and I've found this to be the best way:

*Fill ice trays about half way full and put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes, so that they aren't all the way frozen.
*Then take them out and if they are completely frozen run some hot water over them to soften them up, then I just take a fork and eat the ice cubes right out of the tray. Then I immediately put the ice tray back in the freezer to begin brewing the next cubes.

I have 4 ice trays in all, but I want to get more, because I eat the ice faster than it can refreeze!!! My family is always mad and they say WHERES THE ICE! I just say, I ATE IT! SORRY! Ice eating is truly an obsession but I just love it!
IcE cHEwErS RuLe!!! :D
Ice GiRl

Hammered ice

Postby richgrly » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:41 pm

I buy my own personal bag of ice, take a hammer and beat it to a pulp! I only "hammer" enough for one serving at a time.
richgrly

Postby blindsideme85 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:16 pm

Hey everyone! I can't believe there is a forum for this! I thought I was the only person who craved & chewed ice regularly.

:D

Anyway, my favorite kind of ice is, yep, the FOGGY KIND! Seems like this is a favorite amongst most ice chewers. I wonder why... Maybe because it's easier to chew? I like Happy Ice, because there are a lot of little foggy pieces in the bag that are bite-size, lol. I also looove crushed ice, or making it with really hot water so it's foggy. Usually when I have ice cubes, I throw them into a glass and then run hot water over them to get them to melt a little before I chew them.

PS: Is Sonic the burger joint/drive-in place? Because I think we have one near my house... I might have to check it out if it's the same one!
blindsideme85

Postby iceloverone » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:31 pm

yeah, sonic is the burger place. although i've never had their ice i really want to try it. sounds yummy
iceloverone

Postby cocokisses » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:23 pm

I LOVE CRUNCH ice at AM/PM, it's the crushed ice that is formed into small cylinders...YUMMMMMM!!
cocokisses

Postby ADDICTED2ICE » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:50 pm

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE IF ICE CHEWING IS RELATED TO BEING ANEMIC. THAT WOULD MAKE PERFECT SENCE IN MY CASE. i ALSO LOVE EASTING BAKING POWDER. EVERYONE THINKS IT'S GROSS BUT I LOVE IT. i EVEN KEEP ONE CAN @ MY WORK DESK. :roll:
ADDICTED2ICE

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:50 pm

ADDICTED2ICE wrote:SO DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE IF ICE CHEWING IS RELATED TO BEING ANEMIC. THAT WOULD MAKE PERFECT SENCE IN MY CASE. i ALSO LOVE EATING BAKING POWDER. EVERYONE THINKS IT'S GROSS BUT I LOVE IT. i EVEN KEEP ONE CAN @ MY WORK DESK. :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Recipes