favorite Ice

What makes the Best Ice?

favorite Ice

Postby iceloverone » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:17 am

So, I'm curious everybody, what's your favorite types of ice? I like to eat the ice cubes in my freezer. i let the sit out until they get soft and i like to crunch them into little pieces. And yes, I do like the foggy white pieces better than the clear.
Last edited by iceloverone on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
iceloverone

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:04 pm

:twisted:

I am evil. My favorite ice is to take a 20 oz water bottle (Sam choice brand) good thick bottle, I drink a little more then half and I leave it in my freezer (I have several bottles in there) after it is completely frozen I take it out side I bang it on the ground and bang the top and bang it some more, and I eat the ice. I drive my family batty. I can' help it though. I also will reuse my bottles by filling them with distilled water (never tap).

Postby edheyward » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:37 pm

i agree ... the foggy little white pieces are the best ... i dont know why, but i love em ... i also like half-filled ice trays that are not completely frozen, where its a water filled ice cube ... besides that, ive notice GE refrigerators all make the same ice, and its the best by far ... let it sit out a little bit to soften and then enjoy ...
edheyward

Postby edheyward » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:38 pm

i agree ... the foggy little white pieces are the best ... i dont know why, but i love em ... i also like half-filled ice trays that are not completely frozen, where its a water filled ice cube ... besides that, ive notice GE refrigerators all make the same ice, and its the best by far ... let it sit out a little bit to soften and then enjoy ...
edheyward

Favorite Ice

Postby connievc » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:43 pm

I'll eat any ice I can get hold of, basically. But my favorite is to buy it in a bag from the store - the really clear ice that is usually starting to melt by the time you get it to your freezer. I actually keep a hammer on top of the fridge, and I use the handle of the hammer to keep the ice broken up. I like to soften the ice up with spring drinking water. Sometimes I can't even wait to pour the water, though, I start eating the cubes even before I add water to the (big!) glass I use.

I have an icemaker at home, but it can't keep up with me. I use auxilliary trays to keep the icemaker full. My family knows that if we are running low on ice, they'd better save it for me!!
connievc

Postby anyicewilldo » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:31 pm

Any ice will do..I like the foggy pieces of ice!!...Half-filled ice trays that aren't all the way frozen..soft pieces of ice....I LOVE the way a freezer smells to It's weird we all have it in common I"M SURE!..I'm eating ice right now!..I can eat like 5 glasses in a row
anyicewilldo

FAV ICE

Postby HARRIET » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm

MY FAV ICE IS BAGGED ICE FROM PUBLIX WHEN IT SITS ABOUT 10MIN IT SOFTENS MAK3 THE BEST ICE WITH A LIL CRUNCH. THE BEST #1
HARRIET

Taco Mayo Ice

Postby rdhd382 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:13 pm

If you live near a Taco Mayo... they have the most awesome ice! I love it... but, like you.. I'll eat any ice I can get a hold of! My ice maker at home cannot keep up with my family, let alone my habit! I buy crushed ice from one of the drive throughs in town when I am in a pinch.. but that crushed ice goes so fast. I nearly inhale that!
rdhd382

Wal-Mart Ice

Postby connievc » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:23 pm

I had some ice from the fast food franchise in a Wal-Mart in No. Calif. this past weekend. It was awesome! Real white and round and not too hard. I wish I lived closer so I could get some right now.
I never met an ice cube I didn't like.
connievc

ICE LOVER

Postby ANN » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:49 pm

I EAT ALL TYPES OF ICE, IF IT'S TOO HARD I CRUSH IT, I LIKE THEM ALL, I DO SEE A PATTERN THOUGH. I EAT ARGO STRACH AND BABY POWDR WITH MINE,. IT WEIRD BUT IT'S GOOD
ANN

ICE AND CORNSTARCH LOVER

Postby cindy » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:46 pm

I EAT ICE ALL DAY EVEN IN THE WINTER. I TOO EAT MINE WITH CORNSTARCH I BUY 2 BOXES DURING A WEEK. I LIKE THE FROSTED(OLD) ICE. ALSO WHEN I MAKE ICE CUBES I FILL WITH HOT WATER IT MAKES THE ICE KINDA WHITE. I EAT ARGO CORN STARCH . I SAW @ THW BRUMLEY WEBSITE PEOPLE EAT STRACH , BABYPOWDER, EVEN DIRT. I GUESS MY CRAVING IS AS WEIRD. SOME KIND OF IRON DEFEICENCY THEY SAY. I JUST LOVE ICE..........
cindy

ICE EATERS

Postby GINA » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:42 pm

HOW YOU YOU GET THE FROSTED TYPE OF ICE, SEMS TO BE BETTER, HOW DO YOU MAKE IT, SOMEONE SAID IT'S OLD ICE, HOW TO GET THE FROSTY LOOK. I BEGAN TO START CRAVING CORNSTARCH ALSO I REALLY LIKE IT I EAT ARGO STARCH IN THE YELLO BOX/.
GINA

a sigh of relief

Postby selfsatisfied » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:54 pm

i am so happy that i found this site!! i thought that i was the only ice freak out there!!
selfsatisfied

ICE & CORNSTARCH

Postby RANDEE » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:35 pm

I LOVE ICE YES I DO I LOVE ICE HOW BOUT YOU. BUT GUESS WHAT I THOUGH I WAS WEIRD TO CRAVE CORNSTARCH I SEE OTHER HAVE POSTED THEIR CRAVING ALSO I EAT ARGO STARCH 1 BOX PER WEEK. OTHER LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE THIS HABIT ALSO. I ALSO EAT 1 BAG OF ICE EVERY 2 DAYS
RANDEE

Walmart ice

Postby janelc » Fri May 14, 2004 4:34 pm

I Love ice sooo much i drive my husband crazy. Now even my son loves to eat ice. I like foggy ice its the best. I just moved to vegas so the best ice i could find out here was the one from wal-mart. The reddy ice, but it has to be the 10 lb bag because the smaller bags are all clear cylinders. The 10lb bag has ice with all size chunks. They are half foggy half clear and i like them a lot.
janelc

Next

Return to Recipes