My story

Share your ice chewing stories.

My story

Postby pewpew90 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:05 am

So I saw this website im bored at work so I had to join. I'm still not sure if I'm anemic. My mom is and my docs have tols me on occasions that my iron is too low, but never diagnosed me with anemia. And I've also donated plasma and it wasn't an issue....
I really like ice though. My friends think I'm weird- everytime I go to the club I order ICE!!!! I dont necessarily chew it, but keep it to "caress"(suck) in my mouth. And if I get a little too hot I can just throw it in my blouse. lol. But ice is awesome. Especially crushed ice!!!!! yum! And shved ice with no flavor is awesome too. But yeah just thought I'd share. :)
pewpew90

Re: My story

Postby Welcome7 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:28 pm

I was searching internet for stuff on chronic ice chewing tonight when I came upon this website! I've been chewing ice since I was a teenager, and I'm 36 now! I don't have an ice maker on my current refrigerator, so I take ice cube trays and put just enough ice in them to make very small, chewable ice cubes. I eat them and refill it all day and night. I try to get the ice cubes before they completely harden and still have a little water in them, so it's a little easier on my teeth because I have lost fillings, chipped teeth, and just overall hurt my teeth because of my chronic ice chewing. I have been diagnosed with anemia and iron deficiency before, but the last time I was tested it was just at normal. It was high, but it wasn't deficient either....but my ice chewing has gotten worse and worse! I lost my job in Sept. '09. It was a very good, high-paying job. I haven't been able to work since, and my ice chewing has definitely gotten worse since this happened. Although when I was working, I would buy those bags of ice and put one in the freezer at work, so I could crush some and chew on it when I needed it. I think my case is pretty extreme. It feels very similar to what an addiction would feel like. I absolutely crave it, and once I start thinking about it I have to have it. I don't know what to do about it. I feel like I need help, some kind of intervention or something...lol Any thoughts, help, or even criticism out there from anyone? Oh, I forgot to mention that my 9 yr old daughter has now started chewing ice also, and occasionally, my 3 yr old son wants to also.... so now it's not just affecting me and my health but that of my children!
Welcome7

Re: My story

Postby LEGOReviews » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 am

This forum is amazing I have been suffering with chewing Ice for so long!! I try and take to building LEGO to help soothe my pain... I do have to rely on LEGO Reviews, but who cares! Chewing ice is killing me.. I need help!!! LOL!
LEGOReviews

Return to Stories