Everyone tells me to quit and thinks I'm weird

Share your ice chewing stories.

Everyone tells me to quit and thinks I'm weird

Postby imustbcrazy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Ok, I'm really not crazy I don't think. I have always loved to "sniff" my freezer"... well for the past few years anyway. I feel it very refreshing to open the freezer door and stick my head in and take a big whiff. It seems to relax me. I just love that frozen smell. And when it snows, OMG, I could just roll in the snow eating it up. I took a trip to a friends house out of town one weekend about a 1 1/2 yrs ago and she had bought this small standing ice machine that sits on your counter. It makes ice cubes ever 7 minutes and the icecubes are somewhat soft. Well I reached in and grabbed a piece because it looked so neat and the rest is history. I was instantly addicted and still am. I even went out and bought the same ice machine for my house. I can't get enough of it. The thing is I have bad teeth already. I have had tons of dental work and my dentist has told me not to each hard or crunchy things... not even potato chips. My addition has gotten worse over the last few months, probably because everyone is hounding me to stop. Now I am afraid to return to the dentist (I have lots more work to be done)... I am afraid he will instantly recognize that I have been chomping on the ice. I know I am not anemic because I have had lots of blood work done over the past year for other reasons. I had a gastric bypass in 2001 and have to have blood work done periodically to make sure that I don't have any deficiencies. Everything has checked out good. I'm sure the surgery has nothing to do with it. I'm completely normal as far as medical issues. I do not taken any medication and am 45 years old.

I can't quit this addition and don't see why I should unless it truly will damage my teeth further. I try not to eat the very hard pieces. I will bite down lightly on the ice and if it doesn't break up easily then I throw that piece away and get a softer one. I have an unlimited supply.

Please someone tell me I shouldn't have to stop. It seems to get on peoples nerves when I do this. So.... some things they do get on my nerves. I am glad to know that there are other people like me out there.
imustbcrazy

Return to Stories