In search of perfectly soft, snowy shaved ice...

Share your ice chewing stories.

In search of perfectly soft, snowy shaved ice...

Postby notcrunchyjustsnowy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:47 pm

I don't eat the crunchy ice. I only crave shaved ice and even then it has to be soft and snowy not flaky! :drool: I am so particular, that it makes it hard for me to find a shaver that delivers. On the other hand, I am so addicted that I just keep buying shavers! If there is anyone else out there who loves shaved ice and has found a shaver that works and won't break after a week (I usually shave about 8 22-oz cups a day!), please let me know the brand and where you bought it. Thanks!

:!:
notcrunchyjustsnowy

Re: In search of perfectly soft, snowy shaved ice...

Postby icygirl55 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:38 pm

I too am a snow lover! I purchased a Margaritaville margarita maker, and one of it's functions is shaving ice. It makes lovely, snowy ice, quite a bit at a time, and I use it every single day, several times a day. I eat ALMOST as much as you...maybe just as much. Anyway, it's lasted a little over a month so far, and is chugging along quite perfectly. It was on sale at Kohl's for $199.00, and I had an additional 30% off coupon....it's the besthttp://icechewing.iswhaticrave.com/ ... 6d827f3c74 $140.00 i've ever spent! :D
icygirl55

Postby notcrunchyjustsnowy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:30 am

Thank you so much for the information. I think I have seen the Margaritaville machine but was not sure if it would produce the really good, fluffy soft ice! I love near a Kohl's so I will be checking this out!
notcrunchyjustsnowy

Postby icygirl55 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:08 pm

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I love the ice mine produces so much, I haven't even bothered making a margarita yet! Happy slushing... :)
icygirl55

Postby icygirl55 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:00 pm

FYI--if you have a Linens 'n Things near you, they have the Margaritaville maker on clearance, as they are going out of business. I think they had it for about $150-ish.
icygirl55

Return to Stories