Freezer smell!

Share your ice chewing stories.

Freezer smell!

Postby darylee06 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:08 pm

I love the smell of a freezer and everytime I smell a freezer I get the craving for ice cubes!! I love icecubes in the bag that you buy from the grocery store.
darylee06

Re: Freezer smell!

Postby icymama » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:52 pm

OMG!! i know what you mean, especially in the defrost cycle!! it is the best smell next to wet dirt after it rains! :drool: just thinking about it make me want to go out and eat some ice!!! Now i can't wait to get home!!!
icymama
icymama

Postby Scrooey~Snowball » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:07 pm

Oh my Gosh.....!!!! :o I Love the smell of a defrosting freezer.....!!!! I can smell it even when the door is closed. Does Any one else like to eat the frost off the freezer? :drool: Dang the automatic defrost cycles :!: I wanna' detemine when it defrosts.....!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scrooey~Snowball

Location: Another Scrooey Creative World Called Old Frosty Kenmora

Postby icymama » Thu May 01, 2008 11:50 am

Oh yeah! I love to eating the ice out of the freezer... :drool: I have an old freezer in our garage so I sneak out there and have some when I can, 8) And of I don't have that, our ice maker makes the best ice, but it takes too long sometimes. :evil:
icymama
icymama

Postby virgoandrea80 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:34 pm

haha i thought i was the only one who stood in front of the opened freezer door inhaling!!
virgoandrea80

Postby CosmicBrown » Mon May 12, 2008 1:24 pm

I am so on the same page with U guys. My mother had this best friend when I was little. She used to have frezzer that had the ice that u could scrape. Every time I needed a fix i would tell my mother that she said come by even tho she didnt say it.
CosmicBrown

Postby Feli » Tue May 13, 2008 3:54 am

I usually wait till everyone at home is asleep then I'll stand infront of the freezer to inhale and chew ice! :drool: I'm so going to spoil my fridge soon... :lol:
Feli

Postby iceprincess371 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:43 pm

omg, like, i stand in front of freezers too!
its totally like a drug for me, but it's not a drug, it's a freezer
how weird
iceprincess371

Postby fastjulie » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:04 pm

OMG. It's so amazing to see i'm not the only one. I love to go into large supermarkets and open the ice cream freezer and just smell to my heart's content. It helps if you get down low near the grids. I worry that i'm sniffing freezone or something like that! But it is so cold and wonderful. I pretend like I'm getting the ice cream!
fastjulie

Postby myteetharemadatme » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:59 pm

Actually I hate the ice at my house BECAUSE of the taste the freezer gives the ice. When I tell my mom I'm going to Sonic to get ice, she's like "we have an ice machine." But it's just not the same. Haha. And when I tell her Sonic is better it just sounds like I'm all stuck up and high maintenance. Haha. I think she's starting to understand though... ?
myteetharemadatme

Postby tyler » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:43 pm

If you crave the "smell" :drool: of your freezer, then you should post about it here!

http://smells.iswhaticrave.com
tyler
Site Admin

Postby imustbcrazy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:56 pm

OMG, I am so glad to know that I am not so weird after all. I have been opening the freezer and sniffing it for a few years now. I just find that smell so refreshing. When I am stressed I open and take a whiff. Gosh I thought something was wrong with me.
imustbcrazy

Postby mreyes777 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Oh wow, I thought that there were something wrong with me. I do love the smell of freezer too.
mreyes777

Postby stripedpolkadots » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:42 am

oh good, so im not a freezer smelling weirdo.

good, good.

cuz i pretty much just ADORE that smell.

adore.
stripedpolkadots

Postby ToGrandHealth » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:57 am

I'm well aware of how old this thread is, but I wanted to exclaim my happiness! I am SO thrilled to know that I'm not the only one who enjoys the scent of one's freezer. I don't know what it is exactly that draws me in...perhaps it's the nostalgic memories of me sticking my head in the freezer during long, hot summers without air conditioning. Who knows? I don't! Still good to know I'm not out of my mind. :mrgreen: Ah...those were the days.

Since we're on the subject of freezers/refrigerators, does anyone know if lg refrigerators are worth purchasing? Thanks, everyone!
To Grand Health
ToGrandHealth

Next

Return to Stories