Share your ice chewing stories.

Postby sheigh » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:59 am

They say you can find a chat/discussion group on ANY topic. Well, it's true.

I've been a life-long (38 years) ice chewer/water drinker, and for some reason, my family and friends wanted me to look into this "deficiency" thing now. Maybe I've been doing it more, I don't know. What I found did not surprise me.

Anemia. Yeah, my OB-Gyn has been telling me that for a couple of years now. I even had a procedure done to slow down very heavy periods lasting 3 weeks or more a month. Anemic? Of course. But it's been 3 months since the procedure and my ice-chewing has not slowed down. If anything, it's gotten to be more often. But, I don't care, I like it and it's not the worst habit I could have.

In fact, as I said before, I'm a lifer. Can't remember when it started. I've never had a cavity and I attribute that to the fluoride in water versus the Koolaid or Coke I could've been drinking. I don't have problems with my teeth, but I see the logic of weakening the enamel with all the chewing of the ice, which is why I like to chew soft ice.

It's really good to know that I'm not this crazy person and that so many people are as addicted as I am. Gives me some ammunition in my fights with hubby. He's so annoyed. So are the kids. :roll:
sheigh

Re: New Member

Postby Rambling » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 pm

hmmmmmmm, they should join us, they dont know what they are missing :mrgreen:
I could chew Alaska
Rambling

Return to Stories