Other side effects

Share your ice chewing stories.

Other side effects

Postby Fire.N.Ice » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Do you get heart burn from chewing ice?

I cant chew ice when eating foods. I sometimes like to pour a small amount of flavour over my ice in a cup (soft drink) but only enough to make the ice a little softer, not to change the flavour as such. If we go out for more than an hour I get super stressed at not having ice, that I have to buy an ice drink (eg: frappe) or go to Mc Donalds and ask for a large cup of ice!

I have iron deficient anaemia and dont have any stainable iron in my bone marrow, so I normally chew ice to relieve a sore tongue and throat - plus I have trouble swallowing normal solid foods, the softer the better. I have always chewed ice in one form or the other, but now its a full time thing! LOL.

Thought I was a bit weird until I found this board! LOL....
Fire.N.Ice

Re: Other side effects

Postby bec » Mon May 19, 2008 12:31 am

no heartburn here but life long chewer an life long anemia I too thought I was wierd....nice to know im not
bec

Re: Other side effects

Postby tOriaaa. » Sun May 25, 2008 7:02 pm

i agree with yu sometimes i feel as if my body is not work right when i don't have ice one day its like i NEED IT ! its my addiction one time i had 8cups back to back i don't whats wrong my mum + friend said i have low iron or something should i go to the doctor?
tOriaaa.

Return to Stories