small ice cube?
moon-shaped ice cube?
pearl ice?
shaved ice?
snow ice?
ice chip?
crushed ice?
any others u like
actually i do love the shaved one !!!it's not too hard ,chewable and crunchy. i usually buy one from stores and enjoy it with my friends
:P :lol: :D :)
ice_madness

Few

Postby Rambling » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:37 pm

shaved
crushed
moon
little thin squares
chewblets
I could chew Alaska
Rambling

Postby TeacherSue » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Sonic nuggets...they are the best!
TeacherSue

Postby notcrunchyjustsnowy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:41 pm

:lol: snowy
:D shaved

I can't enjoy any of the crunchy form...so I now have tennis elbow from standing hunched-over my little ice shaver. If anyone knows of an ice shaver where you don't have to stand there and hold the power button, I'd love to hear about it!
notcrunchyjustsnowy

Re: what kind of ice u like most?!!?!!

Postby Janbo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:26 am

My favorite is called "Glacier Ice" (it comes in 10 lb. bags). I bought a small freezer just so I can have four Glacier Ice bags at home at a time.

I usually smash up the bag of ice with a metal meat tenderizer, then run the biggest chunks through an ice crusher. Then, this and the finer chips gets dumped into a "BIG Gulp" cup or 32 oz. plastic containers for later (another reason I'm glad I bought a freezer just for my "ice habit" :P ).

For times when I have to be in meetings or my husband and I are on the road, I make up 16oz. water bottles full of crushed ice and store them in the freezer, as well. While it is a lot work, these bottles of ice chips are easy to take along on trips.
Janbo

Postby Twinks22 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:09 pm

My absolute favorite are those cubes that are formed from crushed ice. So when you bite into them they just crumble in your mouth. :D
Twinks22

Postby Janbo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi Twinks22 !

That sounds absolutely delicious. Glad to meet another ice eater!

Janbo
Janbo

Postby christine17201 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:16 am

Hi I'm new to this forum, but not new to chewing ice. I've been addicted to the stuff for almost all my life. I didn't start noticing the different types of ice until pretty recently and I have found the ice I prefer. I work in a hospital in the Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off!, which is where I think the best ice is found. Its extruded ice, similar to Sonic ice. We don't have a sonic here, but I have seen the commercials and know its similar in appearance. Anyway, I do leave work everyday with a huge 32 oz cup of this ice. I would take buckets of it home, but I'm not allowed. When I'm not at work, I love the ice from a local company called Good Time ice, or at least I think its local. I can get it at Walmart and Rutters(a conveniance store). Its somewhat soft and easy to chew. Well, I am just so excited to find there are other like me, and that I'm not crazy, thank you for creating this site!
Christine
christine17201

Postby Janbo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Hello Christine!

Good to hear from you. Many hospitals do have excellent ice (I love the ice in our hospital's ER). Sonic ice is "pelletized" - small little nuggets that look like they have been extruded, so it is probably made by the same type of machine that you have at work.

I also like Glacier Ice (in bags). WalMart and the Giant supermarkets are the only ones in eastern PA that seem to carry it. Glacier Ice seems to have a "softer" consistency than other brands.

Happy ice chewing!

Janbo
Janbo

Postby Princess Rhonda » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:17 pm

My absolute favorite it white crushed iced from refrigerator Ice makers. :drool:
next are thin layer white ice :)
Snow cone or shaved ice is great :lol:
Any white is will do me just fine :wink:

I am so estactic to find people like me. You guys really understand. This is SO GREAT!!! I've found a home :P
Princess Rhonda

Postby stripedpolkadots » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:21 am

oh wowz.

defineitly sonic ice. soo goodd...

and snow ice.
i love the one at dairy queen too.
i could eat that all day

guess its nice to know im not the only one out there who can totally tell the difference between ice.
my sister just thinks its weird when i tell her we should go to sonic... and not get anything but the ice.

:) :lol:
stripedpolkadots

Postby TeacherSue » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:02 pm

You do know that Sonic sells their ice by the bag, don't you? I have a small chest freezer in my garage...I get 8 bags at a time!!
TeacherSue

Postby christine17201 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:00 pm

I truly wish we had a Sonic around here. There is a small ice cream place close by that also uses that type of ice, and they will fill a cooler with it for free! :D
christine17201

Postby dsarazen » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:48 pm

I like hollow ice. Why do some ice makers make hollow ice? Many times I will choose it over food!
dsarazen

Postby mommafox » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:47 am

a sonic ice just opened down the street! I did not know they sold it! I just will buy that instead of getting the slushes! I know what to ask what I want from dh for birthday! :drool:
mommafox

Next

Return to Stories