Sonic is THE best!!

Share your ice chewing stories.

Postby June » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:10 am

Hey Sue........Have you finished off all that Sonic ice you got the other day? Hope you really enjoyed it. :cry:
June

Postby TeacherSue » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:24 pm

I'm still working on them...think I have about 3 bags left. Will have to stock up again soon!!

I ate so much ice today, my stomach feels kind of yuck!!

:roll:
TeacherSue

Postby iceloverone » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:36 am

Ugh, I know that feeling, even though I'll still keep eating ice.
iceloverone

Postby June » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:39 pm

Hey Sue. Sometimes I eat so much ice during the day, and not any food, I have heartburn and indigestion in the evening. But I still keep chomping away! Did you read about the ice sticks? Yummy!
June

Postby TeacherSue » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:36 pm

Ice sticks??? No...I'll go hunt that down.
TeacherSue

Sonic ice

Postby notcrunchyjustsnowy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:49 am

Hi June and TeacherSue! After reading your posts, I must have some of this Sonic ice. How do you get them to give it to you by the bay? How big are the bags? Did you start out just asking for a cup and then worked up to asking for bags after they were used to seeing you?

I really like shaved ice the best, but it would be nice to be able to find ice when I am away from home so I will have to try Sonic...as soon as I finish the glass of ice I am eating right now for breakfast!
[/img]
notcrunchyjustsnowy

Postby TeacherSue » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi ncjs...Sonic sells their ice by the bag. I just go through the drive thru and order it!! My Sonic uses 10-pound bags...I think one bag costs about $1.37. Yesterday I got 7 bags!!

:mrgreen: (I still have teeth!)
TeacherSue

Postby pynkpanther » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:03 pm

i used to LOVE sonic - until i let it melt in a glass and saw all the white particles on the bottom of the glass...EEEWWWWWW!!!!! not only that, it can smell and taste just like the grease they use sometimes.

that's a shame.
pynkpanther

Postby TeacherSue » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:06 pm

What do you supposed the white things were? I let some melt and had NO white stuff...hmmm. Maybe it was the water in your town/city?
TeacherSue

Postby pynkpanther » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:08 am

very, very good question...i've only been in the southwest for a little over a year and i'm assuming that there are many more mineral deposits in the drinking water than back where i'm from. i got the same deposits from crushed, bagged ice from fry's grocery store and i get some even from my fridge - but that could be from something else. i haven't looked and analyzed the deposits from sonic ice thoroughly because there was lots of it and it grossed me out. i don't find the same deposits in circle k ice, subway ice and the ice from my job. also, i've noticed that gas stations have some good ice, but the ice from most restaurants is bad. i don't know why that is. so...combined with the deposits and the grease smell, sonic in this area is on my "desperate" list.
pynkpanther

Sonic Ice

Postby icelitig8 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:49 pm

Hello all. I am new to the board. I called our Sonic and was told that they only have shaved ice and they do not sell it. Aaarrrgh!
icelitig8

Postby TeacherSue » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:51 pm

Where do you live? I can't believe that...I would think all Sonic's are the same. They are known for the ice pellets or nuggets. I just called my Sonic and ordered 8 bags...it's $1.50 a bag, but worth every penny!!

Sorry.
TeacherSue

Postby icelitig8 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Believe it or not I live near Atlanta. I specifically asked for nugget ice and was told that they do not use that type and do not sell the flake type that they use. I had to drive to Zaxby's to get a cup and they charged 50 cents just for a cup.
icelitig8

Postby TeacherSue » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:06 pm

That is strange...I have never heard that of a Sonic before. You should go there and order a drink and see what kind of ice they put in the cup. I just assumed they are all the same. When I travel, I stop at various Sonics in various states, and they all have had the nugget ice.
TeacherSue

Sonic

Postby lilred44 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi everyone! I am new here and I was pleasantly surprised to have found this forum. I started chewing ice when I was pregnant with my second child. After that the craving was just never there. But a couple of years ago after being married again for the last time in my life, it suddenly started again. I chew around 8-10 pounds in the evening and twice that much on the weekends. I found Sonic ice and I was in pure heaven. I was buying 2 bags every other day. Then one day they told me that they were not allowed to sell bags any more because it depleats thier reserves. What a bunch of liars. They were just getting sick of carrying them out to my car. I only live a few blocks away from Sonic and they were just then getting used to me. Yes they giggled alot but I thought "WTH" what do they know.
My sweet husband puts up with the crunching very well. He just has to turn the TV up a little more. HEHE!!
Karen Collings
lilred44

PreviousNext

Return to Stories