New here

Share your ice chewing stories.

New here

Postby terriy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:21 pm

Hi, my name is Terri and ice chewing is a new thing for me. I had a baby in 2005 and never craved ice once. I didn't come to enjoy ice until we bought our new home last May. The ice maker on my fridge chips the ice so nice.
I too was afraid of an Iron problem and called my Dr. She said she did a CBC in Dec. and it was fine and I have been addicted to ice since I moved in here.
My fears besides my teeth crumbling are the chemicals used to freeze the ice. What's in there? Is it safe on our organs? No one knows do they? It's making me crazy.
I only drink about 2 cups a day but I could do more. I don't do it instead of food, I just enjoy it.
terriy

Postby terriy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:19 pm

I should have said I EAT about 2 extra large cups a day. I could do more though. I don't know what it is. I was worse before I realized it was becoming a problem. I have cut down alot.
I hate water and this is so much better. I can down water so easy with ice in it.
Here where I live we have snowball stands on every corner it seems all summer long. Shaved ice with all different flavorings and concoctions with marshmallow on top or ice cream inbetween. Nobody thought anything of it when we were kids sucking down snowballs everday. Snowball trucks still go up and down our streets like the ice cream men do. Funny though, I never cared much for snowballs. Now I could eat the ice all day long.
terriy

Postby emma » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:23 am

Hi i'm new here too.
I'm so relieved to see im not alone in this crazy world!!
I started eating ice when i was pregnant and yes i was anaemic at the time but i'm not any more and the ice munching has now taken over my life.
I'm starting to really suffer from this habit now and i'm currently waiting on blood tests to come back whether i have a stomach ulcer!!
I have been suffering a lot of pain and my dr thinks its more than just the ice!!
I hate 2 say but i dont even drink anymore and cant remember the last time i did.Whenever i feel thirsty i just crack out some more ice and crunch away. :oops:
I really did start to think i was odd but its nice 2 c im not alone. :wink:
emma

Return to Stories