Ice and Rice Cakes?

Share your ice chewing stories.

Ice and Rice Cakes?

Postby nicholettea » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Hi, my name is nicholette and I've been an ice addict now for both my pregnancies. The cravings went away after my last pregnancy and now with the second one, the pregnancy has come and gone and I'm still craving ice. I work at a hospital so during my pregnancy I chew the AMAZING ice from the ice machines (you know..the ice chips) I work with some Dental surgeons and they freaked when they saw me eating ice, but they said it should be ok if its the soft ice like that. But now that i'm on mat leave I don't have that instant access and i've been chewing my freezer ice. I do fill the trays 1/4-1/2 full and then let it melt in water or My fave (diet coke)mmmmmm, my mouth is watering. But my teeth have been hurting lately... :cry: I just wish chewing ice didn't hurt the teeth. You'd think chewing on ice would be kinda healthy...water and all.
The only thing I'm wondering about is if anyone else has craved rice cakes. But not puffy Quaker rice cakes...those just taste like cardboard. I'm talking about the other brands, the ones that make their cakes with brown rice. and if they add millet or buckwheat..that's good too. but i can usually only find one kind I like. At first it was Safeway brand...now it's Equality. And they have to be original...nothing with flavor! So...I guess it's the crunch I'm addicted to. I like the rice cakes cuz they dont' hurt your teeth as much...but still have the crunch. (seriously...you have to experiment with different brands..cuz i've found lots that don't satisfy that craving) But mixing the two: ice and rice cakes...omigosh!!! it's like heaven...crunch all around and the ice wets your palette. YUMMY
I wonder if its the same thing...like an iron deficiency.
So...has anyone ever had that?
Nicholette
nicholettea

Postby BPice » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:59 pm

Oh YES. I also like the kind of rice cake you're talking about. I forget the brand names or where I even had them, but I like the "card board" texture. Of course, I don't eat cardboard, but the texture and stuff -- I do like that too. No flavor really, just something about the texture -- you bite and it crunches, then it kind of melts. We are STRANGE folks!
Ice cruncher
BPice

Return to Stories