ICE EATING

Share your ice chewing stories.

ICE EATING

Postby ELAINE » Wed May 05, 2004 7:04 pm

IS THIS WEB SITE DEAD OR WHAT. C'MON ICE EATERS POST YOUR STORIES. I EAT 2 BAG PER WEEK, ANYONE ELSE HAS TO HAVE THEIR ICE
ELAINE

there really isn't a subject

Postby rebeccafw » Fri May 07, 2004 9:41 am

I'm eating ice right now. I luv the stuff. I'm a cashier at a grocery store, and my register yesterday was nearest to the freezer, and I swear to you, I was staring at that freezer all day!! I had such a craving, I bought a bag of ice after work (although it was so hard to wait that long) and I opened it and started eating it on the way home. Is it just me, or is that pathetic?? I just luv ice.
rebeccafw

Postby Guest » Fri May 07, 2004 7:26 pm

lol, i used to be a cashier and when people brought a bag of ice for me to ring up i just wanted to bust it open and start eating the ice. but i guess that the wouldn't appreciate that. :lol:

A BAG A DAY

Postby KARINA » Thu May 13, 2004 2:19 pm

HEY GUYS,

I EAT A BAG OF ICE PER DAY & SINCE IT'S HOT IN THE SOUTH MY EXCUSE NOW IS THAT I AM HOT. ANOTHER WEIRD THING IS THAT I ALSO EAT ARGO CORNSTARCH. I HAVE STARTED THIS CRAVING THE LAST 3 MONTHS. THE TASTE FOR IT CAME OUT OF NOW WHERE. I HAVE EATEN ABOUT 6 BOXES OF STARCH SO FAR. ANY REPLIES.
KARINA

Postby iceloverone » Sat May 15, 2004 1:47 am

so it's now getting warmer where I live. this is just making my ice chewing worse. i have six trays of ice in my freezer and i go through that in like two hours. i use a tray and a half everytime i get something to drink. i hate that i'm consuming so much more ice.but with the heat and all the ice gets soft quicker. i barely have to put any force on it to break it up.
Last edited by iceloverone on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
iceloverone

ice chewing

Postby kilabell » Sat May 22, 2004 4:33 am

I believe I have been chewing ice since I had teeth. I am 30 and it's been a while since I've gone to the dentist. But, the time has come, any experiences with the dentist and chewing ice?
kilabell

I Gotta Hav My Ice

Postby Slel » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:29 am

Ya'll sound a lot like I do. Well....I started chewing ice when I was about 11yrs old. At that time we had the kind of refrigerator that has white ice just like snow and OMG-it didn't matter if I woke up with the flu-the first thing I did in the morning was scrape off some ice and chew. My mother would be so mad and would defrost the freezer so I wouldn't hav any ice for the day. I would then visit one of my girlfriends house and all I would wonna eat is ice-they thot I was crazy. At age 13 I went to boarding school-as in where I attended high school and as fate would hav had it-we did not hav refrigerators. I was so frustrated and then found out that chewing rubber bands-Yes! rubber bands gave me a satisfaction just like I got when I chewed ice. So a box of rubberbands was part of my shopping list when schools would re-open. At 24 I still chew ice-anytime-but definately after meals I get a huge craving so thats always my desert. My rubberbands always come in handy when I don hav ice
Slel

Re: ICE EATING

Postby grahams » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:30 pm

ELAINE wrote:IS THIS WEB SITE DEAD OR WHAT. C'MON ICE EATERS POST YOUR STORIES. I EAT 2 BAG PER WEEK, ANYONE ELSE HAS TO HAVE THEIR ICE

I didn't start eating ice until I was three months into my pregnancy. I was always a person who hated the feeling of chewing ice, didn't even want it in my drinks. One day I walked past the fridge and thought, Hey I want an Ice cube. Within two weeks time I could't supply my needs at home, I had to start buying it by the bag. I had a two bag a week habit, and company had to bring there own ice, no joke. Well this went on for over a year, I drove my boyfriend crazy. He would lean in to kiss me and I would start crackin' chips. Before we left a resteraunt, all the ice out of the icewaters were eaten or I wasn't leaving. I went to Cincinnatti to visit a friend and drove around for half an hour at midnight to get my ice, and ate an entire bag on the drive there. It was scary, when I thought I may not have access to ice, I would get nervous. Well, come to find out my Iron levels were dangerously low. After two treatments of IV iron, I no longer crave the cruchy goodness of ice chips. The same bag has been sitting in my freezer for over a month, but at least my gums no longer bleed from the constant crunching. Good luck to all of you, and maybe I'll be back the next time I'm with child.
grahams

Re: ICE EATING

Postby grahams » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:31 pm

ELAINE wrote:IS THIS WEB SITE DEAD OR WHAT. C'MON ICE EATERS POST YOUR STORIES. I EAT 2 BAG PER WEEK, ANYONE ELSE HAS TO HAVE THEIR ICE

I didn't start eating ice until I was three months into my pregnancy. I was always a person who hated the feeling of chewing ice, didn't even want it in my drinks. One day I walked past the fridge and thought, Hey I want an Ice cube. Within two weeks time I could't supply my needs at home, I had to start buying it by the bag. I had a two bag a week habit, and company had to bring there own ice, no joke. Well this went on for over a year, I drove my boyfriend crazy. He would lean in to kiss me and I would start crackin' chips. Before we left a resteraunt, all the ice out of the icewaters were eaten or I wasn't leaving. I went to Cincinnatti to visit a friend and drove around for half an hour at midnight to get my ice, and ate an entire bag on the drive there. It was scary, when I thought I may not have access to ice, I would get nervous. Well, come to find out my Iron levels were dangerously low. After two treatments of IV iron, I no longer crave the cruchy goodness of ice chips. The same bag has been sitting in my freezer for over a month, but at least my gums no longer bleed from the constant crunching. Good luck to all of you, and maybe I'll be back the next time I'm with child.
grahams

Return to Stories