ringing of the ears from ice chewing...

Share your ice chewing stories.

ringing of the ears from ice chewing...

Postby sweetboba » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:03 pm

i've been chewing ice since last summer. i love it, but i have it at the same time. i do suffer from animia been taking but not in regular basis iron tonic to increase my iron.
what i have notice for the last month my ears are ringing from the ice chewing (good reason to stop this bad habit). has anyone experincing ringing of the ears from ice chewing?
chin
sweetboba

No

Postby Rambling » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:21 pm

:D I dotn believe in the iron thing theory at all. If you have ringing in your ears is not from chewing ice. Get your ears checked.
I could chew Alaska
Rambling

tinnitus

Postby europa » Mon May 21, 2007 10:03 pm

With respect to the iron theory, when I was prescribed and took iron I no longer had the craving, and actually I was put off the whole idea. I am no longer on iron and am back to eating ice.

I have had pulsatile tinnitus for over 10 years, not ringing per se, but a "whoosing" that gradually gets louder, sometimes interrupting my sleep. The doctor who prescibed the iron suggested that since my hemoglobin was not adequately handling the iron, and my red blood cells were small and misshappen, as the blood courses through my carotid artery it causes a bruit which I hear as a "whoosh". When I was on iron the whoosing actually stopped. Nonetheless, I stopped the iron supplementation, and am back to crushing and enjoying, and dealing with the air in my head!

I hope it helps. :)
europa

Return to Stories