MOUTH PAIN!

Share your ice chewing stories.

MOUTH PAIN!

Postby foxxfire3000 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:08 pm

I CHEW ICE PRETTY MUCH ALL DAY, BUT WHEN I EAT IT BEFORE BED AND THEN GO TO SLEEP...I WAKE UP IN TERRIBLE TERRIBLE PAIN!! MY MOUTH FEELS LIKE IT WAS CRUSHED BY A MACK TRUCK!

STUPID HUH!! SUCH EVIL ICE! :twisted:

ANYONE ELSE EVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM??
foxxfire3000

Postby emma » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:12 am

Ive never had that problem but my mouth is in agony from all the gauges i take out of it.
My mouth goes numb and i just keep munching and it isn't until my mouth defrosts that i realise i've chewed myself to pieces and gave big holes in my cheeks.......agony! :cry:
emma

Postby icenutz » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:07 am

I know what you mean about the pain. But mine seems a little different than yours. After I stop chewing ice for awhile my teeth starts hurting. Usually it won't go away on it's own. This may sound weird and I don't know why it is the only thing that works, but milk is the answer. If I sip on milk and hold it in my mouth for about a minute and do this about 5 times then the pain goes away. Not enough pain to make me stop. I am addicted to chewing ice!
icenutz

Postby niceice » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:06 am

be careful you might be getting TMJ- the cartilage in the jaw joint isn't designed to do so much chewing as we do- my dentist told me to get a self forming bite guard at the drug store to sleep in.

also if you have to chew at night, try making the ice with just perrier, and only fill the trays about 1/3 full - the ice is softer and you won't chew so hard.
niceice

Postby niceice » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:07 am

emma wrote:Ive never had that problem but my mouth is in agony from all the gauges i take out of it.
My mouth goes numb and i just keep munching and it isn't until my mouth defrosts that i realise i've chewed myself to pieces and gave big holes in my cheeks.......agony! :cry:

wow, thanks, you just explained for me what this weird painful thing is in the inside of my mouth, it is a cut with a sharp edge and i dont even remember doing it.
niceice

MOUTH PAIN!!

Postby djczer3656 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:06 pm

Ugh, mouth pain, but still I won't give it up! Lately when I have my last BIG HUGE cup o ice for the night, while I'm in bed reading or watching TV, I keep a few ADVIL right on my nightstand next to me. I pop one or two with my last sip of water, and it does the trick. . No more pain, and I usually fall right to sleep.
:)
djczer3656

Re: MOUTH PAIN!

Postby Ice.Ice.Baby » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Here is the cure for mouth/teeth pain. It's very simple and I heard about from an article I read. The article was on items that most people have in there home that can be used for other things than what they are intended for.

Tabasco sauce! Once you start feeling pain, you open the bottle and cover your index finger over the top, shake it a few times and apply to teeth. It really works! I keep a bottle of it in my desk at work.. It's better than oragel (sp?) and cheaper too! :P

Caution: Be careful not to use too much, then your mouth will be on fire (but atleast you will forget about your tooth pain).
Ice.Ice.Baby

Return to Stories