I'm paranoid.

Share your ice chewing stories.

I'm paranoid.

Postby K-Lizzle » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Okay. Here's the sitch-yation.

I chewed ice just about every day for a year. At school, I would go to the snack stand and buy a cup of ice, and just chomp on it until it was gone. Then when I got home, I would fill up the ice tray until the individual spaces were about 1/4 of the way full, freeze it, and chomp some more. My mom kept telling me to stop doing this because it was ruining my teeth, but I was so... "addicted," I guess, that I didn't really think anything of it.

That was a little while back.

Like I said, I did that for about a year, and then I noticed that we had this little snow-cone maker that made shaved ice. So I started grinding ice up and eating it that way. I did that for awhile, but I started craving the solid stuff again. So I resolved to just suck on it, rather than chew it. That went well for awhile, but just recently I started chompin' again.

Now. After all that... I'm just really scared that my teeth are ruined. I mean, when I go to the dentist they don't tell me that anything is wrong with them, but I'm just so afraid that there is. Like, I'll run my tounge along them and I'll think that I feel cracks in them. Maybe it's just my hypochondria at work, but I dunno.

I'm especially afraid that, with my chewing it for so long, that my teeth have been jarred loose and I'll end up in dentures before I'm 40.

Can anyone offer me words of... advice, I guess?
K-Lizzle

Return to Stories