Does ice count?

Share your ice chewing stories.

Does ice count?

Postby Melloryeller74 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:28 pm

Does ice count towrds the water intake you are supposed to ingest? I mean, if you eat a 32 oz cup of ice, is it equivelent to drinking 32 ounces of water? Wondering.
Melloryeller74

Re: Does ice count?

Postby RosaRx » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:04 pm

Melloryeller74 wrote:Does ice count towrds the water intake you are supposed to ingest? I mean, if you eat a 32 oz cup of ice, is it equivelent to drinking 32 ounces of water? Wondering.

I count it but I count 2 32 ounce cups of ice as one of water. There is a good bit more air in ice usually than in water -- think about the spaces between the cubes.

You could test it by melting it down.. I would but for me that would be almost impossible... I'd never be able to sit by and let good ice melt.
RosaRx

Does ice count?

Postby Ice Crusher » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:40 am

A doctor once told me that just eating ice is not equivalent to drinking 64 0z of water that your body suppose to have daily. Instead of the body using the water that it gets from the ice as your adequate water intake, it will instead go into some kind of survival mode and store the water. Which is called water retention, and this will cause water gain. I guess that's why some people take water I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us..
Ice Crusher

i must count some kind of way

Postby icemakesmehappy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:16 pm

I would think it should count in regard to hydrating your body and giving it the water it needs...
I mean if they tell you you can't drink water while in labor, but you can have ice chips...to keep you hydrated...why wouldn't it count. I think it can however take lil longer to get thru your system to make it's way out. I assume you don't get food or water while in labor so that well...so that only the baby comes out.

But then again I store up on ice at my desk...2 8 ounce cups and I'm going to the bathroom just as if I had had a bottle of water. I love ice so much...I will dance at the bathroom door as I finish my current cup. LOL
:) IMMH
icemakesmehappy

Return to Stories