I AM KICKING THE HABIT

Share your ice chewing stories.

I AM KICKING THE HABIT

Postby Rambling » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:54 pm

:( I am planning to stop eating ice, after my last bag is over. I dont know how long I am going to last, but I have to, because of my braces.

I am wondering are all ice addicts gals??? :shock:
I could chew Alaska
Rambling

GIRL****

Postby bchick22 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:45 am

WELL I AM A GIRL.
DON'T KNOW BOUT THE OTHERS. BUT I THINK IT 50/50.
SO YOU'RE PLANNING TO STOP.
YOU KNOW I ALWAYS SAY THAT BUT I CAN NEVER KEEP IT UP!!! THE LONGEST I;VE BEEN WIHOUT ICE , PROBABLY...LIKE..... ... 5 HOURS. COULDN'T DO IT!! BUT IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT!! GO FOR IT!!! HAPPINNESS TO YOU!!!!!
Love BChick
bchick22

Anybody have TMJ from ice chewing

Postby rcpaden » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:30 pm

I really need to quit chewing ice. I have had this habit for about 3 years now. I am very anemic. My doctor actually tried to raise my iron level by blood transfusion when nothing else worked. It all started when I got pregnant. No matter what I did, I could not raise my iron level. I am so afraid of chipping or breaking my teeth. I chew about 10 large glasses of ice per day. I love the shaved ice...but I always forget to shave it...and it just doesn't have the same effect. My biggest problem is that I have TMJ real bad and can only open my mouth wide enough to barely brush my teeth. Or as my husband puts it...I can only open it wide enough to get a piece of ice in there. I have got to quit this...before I chip or break a tooth or worse...I wonder if it hurts your stomach or esophagus to be cold most of the time. Anybody know.
rcpaden

Return to Stories